★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Elite.

11-22-2009, 03:24 AM
Elite.

Someone please get with Ian Bell or David Braben, I really really want to play Elite on my iPod touch. Tilt controls, a few onscreen buttons, a slider for speed, man.

Lots of Elite-like games out there, and I probably have most all of them, and thanks to all the authors of the games....but I want Elite!

Here is a list of some that I know, post other games here too that fall in the Elite-like category:
Dark Nova
The Void
Flatspace
Outer Empires
Galaxy on Fire
Star Pagga

=========
Rixx

Last edited by Rixx; 11-22-2009 at 03:50 AM.
11-22-2009, 05:15 AM
ya might be waiting a while on this one. ian bell and braben fell out over E2 and AFAIK no longer speak to each other.

am sure i read on this forum to that braben doesnt like the iphone as a portable gaming device either ....

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014
11-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixx View Post
Someone please get with Ian Bell or David Braben, I really really want to play Elite on my iPod touch. Tilt controls, a few onscreen buttons, a slider for speed, man.

Lots of Elite-like games out there, and I probably have most all of them, and thanks to all the authors of the games....but I want Elite!

Here is a list of some that I know, post other games here too that fall in the Elite-like category:
Dark Nova
The Void
Flatspace
Outer Empires
Galaxy on Fire
Star Pagga

=========
Rixx

You might want to check out game emulators. Prolly the 1.0 (that is, the hackable) version of c64 is also able to run the c64 version of Elite.