Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-22-2009, 06:11 AM
iPad

Default Rogue Planet - (with Online Multi) $4.99 -> $.99

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Lite version : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rogue-planet-free/id346622193?mt=8

Quote:
What's New In Version 1.2.0
New features

- New online multiplayer mode (3G and Wi-Fi): up to 32 games simultaneously

- 14 achievements to unlock

- Design modifications in the following missions: Mexico, Split, Continents

- Tap the left side of the screen twice during ship scenes in Story mode to go back to the main menu

- iOS4 on iPhone 3GS and higher: even more detailed graphics

- iOS4: multitasking

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 09-30-2010 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: v1.2.0
Old 11-22-2009, 06:12 AM
iPad

Default Impressions and reviews.

Post reserved for impressions and reviews..

EDIT: WE have our very first impression here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyxiation View Post
Here are some impressions:
  • Easy to navigate UI.
  • Smooth and fast.
  • Great looking graphics.
  • Great storyline, adds to the game's awesomeness.
  • Nice, interactive gameplay.
  • Hard to understand at first, but great when you get used to it.

Fantastic game, so far I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
It's a fun TBS game with an excellent science fiction story and great gameplay. Basically you're part of an extensive space program that is coming back to Earth after 35 years. As you're landing the ship is hit and you crash into Mexico. So far I've found out that the area is deserted except for some abandoned villages. A neat feature in the story is being able to select and travel to different parts of the ship and talk to other crew members about the ship, earth, or other things. I haven't gotten into any combat yet, but if you've seen the video then you know what it's like.

If you're a fan of advance wars, turn based strategy games, or a science fiction buff then you'll want to look into Rogue Planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Totally agree with Seishu. This is very well polished, great engaging story with interaction between characters in between missions with a unique scroll bar to the right which has photos of each area of the ship. The story progresses between during those cut scenes. Controls are spot on and intuitive. Options for each troop are plain symbols that you can choose each move, enemies you can attack are clearly indicated. Blips of tutorials appear just at the right time. This is a very good TBS game that can certainly compete with other handheld versions of many names. You are in control of many different characters and vehicles right off the bat such as an engineer that repairs not only bridges but provides health to injured troops and vehicles.

Candy I think there are a couple videos at the start of this thread that are pretty spot on to what the actual game play is.

And for the third time, not being a fan of this genre until I played a couple on the iTouch, I have to say this is an immersive and fun game that I look forward to playing and playing, especially with all the different maps.

Now with an early morning, I must somehow pry this out of my hands and go to bed. Night all, and enjoy - can't wait to steal some moments to play tomorrow!
First impresssions on TA Front Page by Jim Squires.
Quote:
Commanders, get ready for battle! Gameloft has just released the much-anticipated turn-based military sim Rogue Planet to the AppStore, and from what weve played so far we can tell you its everything weve been hoping for.

Fans of turn-based war games like Advance Wars and Military Madness will feel right at home here. Unlike previous iPhone attempts at tackling the genre, Rogue Planet felt like a natural fit from the first moment we fired it up. The space opera story about a ship returning to earth only to find it in the hands of a hostile force is exactly the kind of sci-fi popcornia that hooks a player on more than just gameplay.

Just like our initial impressions of the story, the touch screen mechanics feel as tight as you might want them to. Things move at a quick pace and everything is streamlined down to the basics. Move units, attack units. Lather, rinse, repeat. After playing the first few levels, were happy to say that they offered up great map layouts that never feel like youre walking endlessly, marching and marching just looking for battles. Hardly a turn goes by without some form of combat occurring.

The other thing that both surprised and delighted us was the length of each battle. Developers try to tailor their efforts to what they believe is a "typical" iPhone experience, meaning quick bursts of gameplay without a great deal of depth or strategy. The catch, though, is that depending on the type of game youre making you might be sacrificing everything that would have made your game great in the first place. In this regard, Rogue Planet unapologetically sticks to its roots and strays away from the bite-sized gaming experience that many iPhone gamers have come to expect. By the time wed reached the third mission we found ourselves spending 30 minutes or more reach our objectives. Its the same tried and true deep experience that has made games like Advance Wars such a success on other platforms.

The 2D art in the battle scenes and dialogue sections pops just as much as youd expect from the trailer. Theres a very heavy anime influence to the art style. For some reason the whole experience reminds me of Macross. Maybe its the ship returning from space. Maybe its the choice in vehicles. Whatever it is, it works.

In addition to the single player campaign with 19 missions, Rogue Planet also offer local multiplayer over Bluetooth and Wi-fi. The absence of internet play stings a little, but Gameloft assures us its being worked on for the next update. In the meantime, those without iPhone pals hanging around their living room can still experience the feel of multiplayer in a single player setting thanks to the Quick Game mode. Quick Game lets you fire up a multi-style battle against AI bots and here there are 3 levels of difficulty across 34 maps (19 from story and 15 new ones) playable with 2 different armies.

So far weve only had a chance to experience the single player campaign, and from what weve seen of the first few missions, it looks as though we might finally have a solid iPhone contender for the hearts of Nectaris lovers everywhere. We'll take a more in depth look after we've had some time with the game.

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 11-23-2009 at 08:09 AM..
Old 11-22-2009, 06:21 AM
iPhone 4

Awesome! I'll probably have to wait a day before buying this though Anyway, if anyone's living in NZ, please come back with impressions.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:22 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

B..b.b.b. but it's only the 22nd here in Australia.

WOAH! New Zealand skipped forward in time!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, that is massively erotic, will d/l as soon as it hits Australia.

Also, $6.49 NZD = $5.99 AUD = $4.99 USD?
Old 11-22-2009, 06:23 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 1.x

YEY finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will be refreshing the US App Store every minute!
Old 11-22-2009, 06:31 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

34 Maps, HOLY SH!T!!!

I'm BUYING IT!!!
Old 11-22-2009, 06:35 AM

Looks hell good

about 1.5 hours till Australia and 16.5 till US
Old 11-22-2009, 06:43 AM

Excellent! Can't wait. Not long now. (in Australia)
Old 11-22-2009, 07:06 AM
Banned
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

I'm getting this as soon as it touches down! Cod zombies and this will make my iPhone happy!
Old 11-22-2009, 07:41 AM

Wowz! At last! Eager to try it. It's some 8 hours from here (Europe)...