★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Struck: Strategy + Luck, is on SALE for $0.99!!

11-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Struck: Strategy + Luck, is on SALE for $0.99!!

Hey all! Struck, a board game for the iPhone, is now on sale for $0.99, temporarily marked down from $1.99! Please read the info below if you want to learn more about Struck!!!

The goal in Struck is to occupy all four Goal Squares at the opponents end of the board, and to prevent the opponent from occupying the Goal Squares on your end of the board.

Struck is a two-player board game, derived from a design that gives players complete control over the game environment. This type of control is given to the players in the form of opposite and similar polarity. Black and white are polar opposites, and controlling what is black, and what is white is the fundamental game play mechanic of Struck.

If you enjoy a good game of Chess, or Checkers, and relish some ruthless puzzle solving, Struck will be a breath of fresh air. Struck is not your typical game of black versus white. Each player will play as both black and white, and will constantly change between the two during play. The most unique game play element, however, is the malleable board. The board must be treated as an additional piece for each player, as either player can control the very layout of the board itself.

Each and every playing piece on the board will support a weakness and a strength. How strong, and how weak will depend on the state of the board, the location of the pieces, and polarity of the pieces. No two games are ever the same and the strategy is always changing. Stay on your toes, roll the die, and use your luck wisely.

LOVE STRUCK

Visit the Struck website if you want to view some videos or more images!

http://struck.artwhirled.com

Try Struck: Lite, it's FREE!! So, if you like board games, give it a shot!
11-22-2009, 06:19 PM
App Links

Oops, here are the direct links to the apps!

Struck: Lite
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/struck-lite/id336576936?mt=8

Struck: Strategy + Luck (on sale for $0.99!!)
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/struck-strategy-luck/id333268343?mt=8

11-22-2009, 07:46 PM
these screenshots creep the hell out of me, not gonna lie

I'm just scared of the artwork.. had a bad experience one night in Chur in Switzerland with a painting that looks like the second screenshot... freeky deeeky

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
11-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wegmans View Post
had a bad experience one night in Chur in Switzerland with a painting that looks like the second screenshot... freeky deeeky
May i ask what the painting was? I'm curious about your bad night with a painting! Sounds interesting!

Is this going to stop you from playing/trying Struck? Hope not!
11-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Ppl should get this, its fun.
11-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Whirled View Post
May i ask what the painting was? I'm curious about your bad night with a painting! Sounds interesting!

Is this going to stop you from playing/trying Struck? Hope not!
Of course it wont!

I'll try to dig up the picture.. I came back to our hotel/hostel late at night and snagged a pic of the painting.. must have been 12' high too haha

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
11-22-2009, 10:01 PM
oh my GOD, just look at the screenshots, they r awesome
11-23-2009, 07:05 PM
This game feels like a really solid twist on Checkers and Othello-type games. I'm having a lot of fun with it. Also, the background art is really slick. Gonna have to try out the online multi-player next.
11-23-2009, 09:51 PM
oh my GOD, so awesome!!!
12-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks!

Thanks guys! I'm really glad you all like Struck! We're also making a physical board game version (which is REALLY fun), and we'll be at the GAMA Trade show in Las Vegas this March!

I'll post some more images soon!