★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Crusade of Destiny now 5.99

11-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Crusade of Destiny now 5.99

Crusade of destiny is now 5.99

Is it worth getting at new price? I already have ravensword, how's it compare?
11-22-2009, 10:37 AM
I like it, its pretty addictive

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

11-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok77 View Post
Crusade of destiny is now 5.99

Is it worth getting at new price? I already have ravensword, how's it compare?
Ravensword is 10x better. I still don't recommend Crusade of Destiny.

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
11-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STP_Tim View Post
Ravensword is 10x better.
I have to disagree with you. Ravensword is - at best - 7.5x better.
11-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
i have to disagree with you. Ravensword is - at best - 7.5x better.

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
11-22-2009, 10:59 AM
I instantly bought it at the new price yesterday. I played it for only a few minutes, but I can tell I'm going to like it. I was surprised by the level of quality in some of the animations, music and overall feel. I have Ravensword, Dungeon Hunter and even iNetHack and many more RPGs. As far as I'm concerned, these various RPGs bring something different to the table and that's what I really like about the iPhone. Anyway, that's my two cents.

Helvetica will treat you good if you take time to understand her.
11-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaganomics View Post
I instantly bought it at the new price yesterday. I played it for only a few minutes, but I can tell I'm going to like it. I was surprised by the level of quality in some of the animations, music and overall feel. I have Ravensword, Dungeon Hunter and even iNetHack and many more RPGs. As far as I'm concerned, these various RPGs bring something different to the table and that's what I really like about the iPhone. Anyway, that's my two cents.
I agree; there's obviously room for more than one take on the 3d action RPG genre. My problem with CoD is that it's overall design is so rigidly symmetrical that it just gets tiresome. For example, you have to go up exactly 10 levels between each task associated with the main quest; each new area repeats the feature of the previous ones, just with tougher monsters and better loot at the store; etc. After finishing the first couple of queen's task, it's taken so long to reach the next plateau that I had to put the game aside and haven't played it for weeks. What's worse, whenever you are killed you lose all recently gained experience, so the game encourages taking the safe, slow, and boring route to advancement.

All in all, I think it's a credible effort (especially after the most recent update), but I'm not sure if I would recommend it.
11-22-2009, 11:13 AM
i remember i was so excited to get crusade of destiny, then i got it and it was like... meh
11-22-2009, 12:15 PM
the controls suck in crusade and the story has no depth
11-22-2009, 12:18 PM
From day one this dev priced this off the scope for me. Include all of the luke warm reviews, and that was a formula for hands off.

This would have to hit $1.99 for my to even think about a purchase considering all of the quality, thoughtfully priced RPG's on the market.

Too little, Too Late.

Munkie!

Looking for a cool sig.