★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Not the best game, but a keeper anyway

01-06-2009, 02:30 AM
Not the best game, but a keeper anyway

Hey guys,

There's a lot of talk on these forums about the best rpg game, the best action game, the best TD game etc etc.

What are some of the games that you don't consider the best, but you bought them and got *some* enjoyment and will keep anyway?

I have quite a few of the 'best' games now, and enjoy some others too. But I'm wondering if there's a common consensus about some games that are really worthwhile but aren't the best?

Tim.
01-06-2009, 02:35 AM
Space Deadbeef....lol.
01-06-2009, 02:48 AM
Hmm bit of a strange topic. In retrospect, I would have never bought trism, if I knew Smiles was the best match-3 game. But honestly I don't like trism at all. Bonsai Blast is just better than Blackbeard's assault so I would have never bought blackbeard if I knew.

Strategery comes to mind. I prefer Galcon as the "risk game" because it is more full-featured and has Net-play. But strategery is still on my home screen and I play it anyway.
01-06-2009, 02:50 AM
withering apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHaines View Post
What are some of the games that you don't consider the best, but you bought them and got *some* enjoyment and will keep anyway?

Tim.
Do you mean mediocre games/so-so? as in just enough to keep them in one of the 9 pages but not relegated to iTunes?
  • TS Tennis - I always miss the cross passing shot, but Venus looks hot! (i don't get out much)
  • Shaky Summit - not sure of what I'm controlling here either quake or stamina
  • Nanosaur 2 - my pterodactyl always explodes in chunks of flesh
  • Anti-matter - cool graphics, but I'm not digging the drifting controls, actually this may be RIP in iTunes
Crazy, but all of these have great production but the 'play' is not enough. Whereas some thing like iTD, I mean look at this thing , you can't get more basic with graphics and sound (My circle shoots down the diamond enemy, oh yeah!!!), but what a great game despite my maturing shift towards 'looks'.

I guess it depends on the game- hard to judge without a review, demo or video.