★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

QGL 1.5 - Retro Gaming Trivia for Hardcore Gamers (Universal, GameCenter)

11-23-2009, 05:07 AM
QGL 1.5 - Retro Gaming Trivia for Hardcore Gamers (Universal, GameCenter)

Hi everyone!

After a looong submission process, we're happy to announce that Quiz Game Land Update 1.4, together with a Free Lite version, are available now on the App Store!

Quiz Game Land is an exciting trivia adventure that takes you through the world of video games, where knowledge on gaming is the only effective weapon to destroy all the enemies. With 8 mysterious world to explore, dozens of crazy enemies to defeat and collect, 6 mini games and 4 game modes, Quiz Game Land is the perfect app for hardcore and retro gamers!

The update includes the following new features:
  • New visual questions with images
  • 8 New enemies to collect in the bestiary
  • One new minigame
  • Score indicator on the map screen
  • Hundreds of new questions to answer!

The Free Lite version lets you play through any of the 3 worlds of the first level of Story Mode with any of the difficulty settings, and also includes the bestiary to collect the defeated enemies.

Here are some screenshots from the update:

And the promotional video (from version 1.0)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quiz Game Land v.1.4 is available now for only 1.99$ Here
Quiz Game Land Lite is available now for free Here

For more information, complete features, online leaderboards and media please visit the official site at http://www.undercoders.com/en/Quiz-Game-Land.html

We hope you enjoy it and we look forward to reading your opinions!

11-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Anyone played this ?

11-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Looks very interesting.
Will have to try the Lite version later.
11-23-2009, 09:33 AM
How about a 2 player mode with BT ?
11-23-2009, 10:04 AM
This looks kind of cool, I will check out the lite version.
11-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Played the lite and it's pretty fun !

Just wondering, How many questions are in the game because they started repeating quite a bit in the lite version. Also, can you save your game and pick it up at a later time bacause some games might be quite long. I got around 1600 points in the lite version game and noticed that the high scores were much hight meaning that a game must be quite long in the full version.

Just wondering
11-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Hi Cranker, thanks for your comments!

The question count in the full game v.1.4 is around 1000, divided into 8 levels of difficulty. Questions get harder as you make progress in the game, so a question that may appear in the 1st stage in Hard level, can also appear in the last stage of level Easy.

The game uses weighted randomness to select questions, so that a recently asked question has fewer possibilities than the others to be selected again. There is still however a random component and a number of questions, so it is possible that some will be repeated (though never in the same play).

About resuming games, the game automatically saves every 6 turns (when a "checkpoint reached" message is shown) so that you can continue from the last checkpoint in case you quit in the middle of a game. If you do so, when you select Story Mode again, a message will be prompted asking if you want to continue or start a new game.

Hope that clears up your doubts, glad you enjoyed the game!
11-23-2009, 12:26 PM
This quiz game seems to bring it's own style and personality. Something sorely missing on the AppStore

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
11-23-2009, 12:28 PM
I tried out the lite version and was very impressed. I love the retro look to the game and it plays well. The only down side is that the questions seemed really easy but then again, I am old and have played a lot of games over the years.

I am not big on quiz games but this is very good. While I was playing this I was almost hoping I could just roll dice against the mosters instead of answering questions. I am sure this would be a great game for someone with limited video game knowledge.
11-23-2009, 01:49 PM
When does the game end in the full version ? I see some pretty high scores

Also, hopefully you can keep undating the game with questions to keep it fresh because any quiz game I have played gets old otherwise. Nice job !!

I will pick this one up.

will you consider 2 player competitions ?