★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Official Missile Command

09-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Official Missile Command

Some people have been pointing out that the screen shots in the itunes store are doctored up; thats a really unfortunate stigma to place on this otherwise great game.

I don't know why anyone thought it would be a good idea to do something like that. The actual in game graphics are very similar, if not quite as good, in terms of particle effects and explosions.

It's still a great game though. Like Breakout, it has a really polished presentation and game play feels rock-solid. Also like Breakout, it includes the original version of Missile Command, and in this case i find the original game to still be really fun and playable, just as much as the enhanced version.

If anything, the enhanced version seems to be lacking in any additional game play features outside of spiffy graphics. Unless you count multi-touch missile launching, there really isn't anything there to set it apart from the classic.

Feels like a quality title over-all, glad i picked it up. Hope Atari keeps up the trend, and more developers follow.
09-24-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm intrigued, but really would like a demo before plunking down the cash. Ditto for their breakout game.