★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Chronicles of inotia 1.0.1 out. Is it better?

01-06-2009, 11:06 AM
#1
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 59
Chronicles of inotia 1.0.1 out. Is it better?

I saw that chronicles of inotia 1.0.1 is out and I am hoping that this fixes the problems in the game. I really want to buy this game but I don't want the performance issues that were there before the update.
01-06-2009, 11:22 AM
#2
much better I think. No more breaking of maps and jumpy enemies. More pleasant killing of monsters

01-06-2009, 11:23 AM
#3
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 136
I saw the update earlier today but havven't been in an area to download yet. It looks like it will fix some of the preoblems that really bugged me, most of all the problems with the bottom of the screen. I love the game, but that map issue was unnacceptable.

Edit: Yay, senior member now! 100th post lol.

Just a gal who likes to write and has an unhealthy(probably) attachment to her iPod.

Top 6 favorite games right now: {Rogue Touch, Sway, Pocket God, Archibald's Adventure, Wolfenstein 3D, Platypus}
01-06-2009, 11:37 AM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyS View Post
I saw the update earlier today but havven't been in an area to download yet. It looks like it will fix some of the preoblems that really bugged me, most of all the problems with the bottom of the screen. I love the game, but that map issue was unnacceptable.

Edit: Yay, senior member now! 100th post lol.
ho congrats
01-06-2009, 11:43 AM
#5
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,654
I was complaining about the gameplay a couple days ago and was just about to delete the game, but the update fixed all of my complaints. Especially the enemies who run away. The animation is MUCH better too. It's a good game now.
01-06-2009, 11:50 AM
#6
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
I was complaining about the gameplay a couple days ago and was just about to delete the game, but the update fixed all of my complaints. Especially the enemies who run away. The animation is MUCH better too. It's a good game now.
The enemies no longer run away? I was so annoyed by that before. There is a certain fairy creature I have to go take care of now...

Just a gal who likes to write and has an unhealthy(probably) attachment to her iPod.

Top 6 favorite games right now: {Rogue Touch, Sway, Pocket God, Archibald's Adventure, Wolfenstein 3D, Platypus}
01-06-2009, 11:52 AM
#7
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyS View Post
The enemies no longer run away? I was so annoyed by that before. There is a certain fairy creature I have to go take care of now...
That's the whole reason I quite playing. It got too tedious. The still run away, but not often and they're much easier to catch when they do.
01-06-2009, 12:20 PM
#8
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 129
When you say "breaking of the map" is that where in the woods with the goblins and things it the bottom of the map it whent all strange? (sorry if im not making any sense but it is hard to explain) anyway i am going on my iphone in a sec to update it!
01-06-2009, 12:35 PM
#9
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordancoolj View Post
When you say "breaking of the map" is that where in the woods with the goblins and things it the bottom of the map it whent all strange? (sorry if im not making any sense but it is hard to explain) anyway i am going on my iphone in a sec to update it!
Yup, that's fixed now. I have been playing the updated version for a while but I still haven't notice much of the frame rate fix. I didn't see any frame rate problem before, now the guy just seem to move more slowly. I think I actually like the pre-fixed frame rate. I just wish they would put in different graphics for different armors and weapons. It doesn't seem like that difficult to do... they only have like 10 types of each armors and weapons. It would be so much nicer to see the upgrades on the screen.
01-06-2009, 12:50 PM
#10
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by minmin_i View Post
much better I think. No more breaking of maps and jumpy enemies. More pleasant killing of monsters
rofl