★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Punkbot
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 18.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: View our gameplay video here: http://punkbot.com/leap-quest

IT'S OFFICIAL: Leap Quest will blow your socks off!!! But don't just take it from us; here is what some of our players have to say:

"The gameplay itself feels very polished and is a joy to play... Leap Quest is definitely money well spent and is a game that is worth persevering with." - AppHunter.net

"Every once in awhile a new release comes out that you never knew was coming and it far exceeds any of your wildest expectations. Leap Quest is one of those releases." -New England Gamer

"I have been playing this hidden gem for awhile now and it is truly amazing! Not only are the graphics spot on, but the gameplay is out of this world." -Touchgamer3g

Note to players:
- You can adjust control sensitivity in Settings!
- You can change whether special powers / D-Pad are on the left or right by adjusting the "Power Placement" setting!

Leap Quest is an exciting new 3D adventure-arcade game that is BOUNDS ahead of the competition, combining the best attributes of the platforming and jumping game genres. Jump up endless heights or try your hand at a diverse set of challenges, winning awards and unlocking new content along the way. And be warned: this game is incredibly addictive!

Features:

- Endless, randomly generated levels for maximum replayability and unpredictability
- Dozens of enemy types and hazards
- Six quests and three challenges, with more on the way!
- Global high scores with user handles for each scene
- Three control modes: D-Pad, accelerometer, and our innovative Flick & Drag mode
- Advanced settings for controlling graphics detail, control sensitivity, and more
- Multiple terrain and atmospheric variations

mklaurence's comments:
We at Punkbot are excited to announce that Leap Quest is now available in the App Store!

Get your leapin' on with colorful, endless 3D levels that will blow your socks off! (Note: we're not responsible for loss of socks.) Encounter creeps, moving platforms, trip-inducing mushrooms, bouncing boulders, trampolines, and much, much more! Compete for a place on the global leaderboards, which track the top scores for each level! Control via a repositionable/resizable D-Pad, accelerometer, or our innovative Flick & Drag mode! Do other things that require more than one exclamation point!!!1!

Update 11/28: 2D gameplay levels coming soon!!

11-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Just TOFTT. Will post impressions later.

11-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Anxious to hear! I am actually pleasantly surprised opening this thread and watching the video! Would love to hear how that joystick is working! Looks like fun.
11-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Anxious to hear! I am actually pleasantly surprised opening this thread and watching the video! Would love to hear how that joystick is working! Looks like fun.
If you're wondering about the controls - you can customize the size, opacity, and placement (left or right) of the D-Pad. We also offer accelerometer-based control, and my personal favorite, Flick & Drag mode. All in all, you should be able to find a method that works for you. If not, let me know, and I'll add a new one! :-)
11-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mklaurence View Post
If you're wondering about the controls - you can customize the size, opacity, and placement (left or right) of the D-Pad. We also offer accelerometer-based control, and my personal favorite, Flick & Drag mode. All in all, you should be able to find a method that works for you. If not, let me know, and I'll add a new one! :-)
Wow those are a whole lot of options! Thanks for the answer! Thats also awesome that you are being so receptive!
11-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Crap! I have $3 dollars left and I was planning to get minisquadron. This is making me think otherwise!

btw, how long will the sale be?

OMG. Double Rainbow!
User ID: Gryphon23 Agon: Gman23
"Birthday Cake, is just Birthday Cake without a little gravy..." Gravy makes EVERYTHING better.
11-23-2009, 07:25 PM
The trailer made up my mind- I'm buying this right now.
11-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Beta tested this Was a fun game and I suggest buying it Might be a little weird to control at first, but you easily catch on

Username for GameCenter, Plus+, OpenFeint, Crystal, Agon, and others: xFinch713x
Xbox Live: ISMFOFinch
11-23-2009, 07:45 PM
I will post impressions soon!
11-23-2009, 08:08 PM
There's a quote - when you least expect it something great comes along. I think that best sums up the new platformer "Leap Quest." In Leap Quest your job is to control a little sun over and up platforms, completing tasks along the way. In the Cloud Kingdom there are two areas to visit - Sky Mesa and Misty Heights. Sky Mesa is the easier of the two as its platforms are stationary and Misty Heights' are moving.

Entering either of these areas opens up two choices - the main quest or the challenges. The first in Sky Mesa's Main Quest is to release 4 balloons from crates by jumping on them. Sound easy? Not really! The platforms range from different heights to different spacing between them. You can either move on to the next stage after releasing the balloons or keep going to get a high score. So this combines the platformer with a "how far can you go" kind of game. Currently the leader is at 902. I have a ways to go with my measly 272. First challenge in Sky Mesa is called Boulder Run which involves dodging the endless avalanche of boulders rolling down the platforms. Just keep going as high as you can! And yes there are leader boards, they are accessible by clicking on the trophy located in the quest boxes.

Your sun depends on both its health and energy. Health can be replenished by jumping on hearts, energy can be gained by jumping on stars. Both are necessary for good progress. Health for obvious reasons, but energy will help you get across gaps or reach higher platforms. The boxing glove power up beefs you up as you face enemies, the lightening bolt gives you extra bounce - each of those costs energy. The forward arrow will allow you to have unlimited forward boost as long as you hold it. Use it wisely though because you don't want to be so out of control you fall off a platform you didn't need it on! Creeps are waiting for you along the way to slow you down and eat up your health. Beef up when you see them or do my personal favorite of bouncing over them all! Plan your jumps properly but in good time, if you are bouncing on a platform for too long thinking it will disappear!

Controls are very well thought out and there is something for everyone here, literally. Like a d-pad? It has one. Like the accelerometer? Yup, it's an option. How about Flick and Drag? Got that TOO! Each of the control options are customizable so that you can find the sensitivity level that is right for you. Lefty? Righty? No matter - you can choose which side you want your power ups which will in turn determine the placement of the d-pad. My personal favorite is the d-pad, though after playing with flick and drag I might want to give that a go as well! But back to the d-pad, its very responsive at the default sensitivity level and rotates in all directions.

So every once in awhile a new release comes out that you never knew was coming and it far exceeds any of your wildest expectations. Leap Quest is one of those releases. Its a rare platformer that can indeed be considered a pick up and play. Its addictive game play and ease of controls will have you playing just one more round an infinite amount of times. You can't help but try to beat your own high score or aim for the top of the leader board. Definitely a winner that will be on my iTouch for some time!