★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ferrari GT or Asphalt 4

01-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Ferrari GT or Asphalt 4

I recently bought Asphalt 4 and am not impressed - controls are not great, graphics are worst than expected and it is extremely slow!
Now that Ferrari GT has been reduced to 3.49 is it worth buying this instead, or is it not much better ?

I own Crash Nitro Kart too - is Ferrari GT worth it ?
01-06-2009, 03:07 PM
A lot of people loved it. Way better graphics than asphalt gameplay is better and so are controls. But buy fastlane instead at $4!

Life Is Too Short To Be Wordy

01-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Well, Ferrari is more "realistic" than Asphalt. The handling is much more difficult, though the control schemes are pretty much the same. The graphics (and sense of speed) are hugely improved over Asphalt. I didn't really like either of them, and I agree with The Game Reaper that Fastlane is better.
01-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Keep in mind this is coming from a Ferrari fan

The screen shots in itunes don't do the game justice. The graphics superb and both the Menu/Cars/Tracks all look amazing.

Pros: 33 Different cars too pick from, great graphics, 3 control options too pick from (Accelerometer my personal favorite), A extensive career mode, and future online gameplay, and good SFX

Cons: The music isn't great and you can't play your own music, only 7 tracks but they are nice none the less, if your not a Ferrari fan you might get bored with only Ferrari's and no other brand.

Hope this helps, and BTW I never owned Asphalt 4 or played it...
01-06-2009, 04:07 PM
I own asphalt 4 and Fastlane and have played Ferrari GT on a friends' ipod. Personally, Ferrari GT may have a little more content, but I opted to save some of my money and buy Fastlane and I am very satisfied with it. If you don't want to buy Fastlane and are just wondering if you should buy Ferrari after asphalt, then yes, I would buy Ferrari. I think the graphics are afar superior to ashpalt, and the sense of speed and everything is much better. BUT, I would go with Fastlane, save $2, and have a blast with it

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
01-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Ferrari GT is a lot more solid game !
Is more challenging
more fun
looking better

in asphalt the car made from paper with endless boost
01-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Thanks guys, after your feedback I have bought Fastlane and it's the racing game I've been looking for - good graphics (crisp but a little basic), good controls, sense of speedand none of thatg annoying Asphalt boost stuff!
01-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trev81uk View Post
Thanks guys, after your feedback I have bought Fastlane and it's the racing game I've been looking for - good graphics (crisp but a little basic), good controls, sense of speedand none of thatg annoying Asphalt boost stuff!
Glad you enjoy it and that we could help.

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
01-06-2009, 05:29 PM
I couldn't tell you about Asphalt or Fastlane but FErrari is a solid game. It has fast framerates, nice graphics, and a fun realistic selection of cars. I wish that they had more maps, but the ones that they give you are fun and long. In the next update, they're bringing online multiplayer, which will make the game.
01-06-2009, 05:38 PM
buy neither. Get fastlane street racing. It's cheaper and better than both those games and it is the best racer right now.