★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Beta Testers wanted for SnoWords!

11-24-2009, 12:58 AM
Beta Testers wanted for SnoWords!

Hello everyone, I'm finishing up my 2nd app: SnoWords - and I want some really good feedback so I'm looking for beta testers!

Here's a video of the most recent build (basically):

Youtube link | Pop Up

For now, it's pretty close to being finished - at least gameplay-wise - and I'd really appreciate some solid feedback. Of course, I'd also like beta testers so I can catch any bugs that might still be present.

I'm new to the whole beta testing thing but I think the way this works is that you PM me with your contact info and iPhone identifier if you're interested (if this is wrong, let me know).

The only requirements for being a beta tester are:
- You promise to give feedback on the app
- You report any bugs that you encounter, and along with this give good detail of the situation - i.e. which game mode you were playing, how long you had been playing, any specific things you did that might have triggered the odd behavior.

Oh, and some things that will be added after beta testing for sure (so you don't need to worry about this stuff in the feedback, unless you want to give me a specific idea):
- Music
- Options
- Help (Come to think of it, I'll add this before I send it out for beta testing )

Let me know in this thread if you sent a PM, and thanks in advance to anyone that beta tests SnoWords

I'm hoping to get it submitted around mid to late December and get it out some time in January.

Last edited by tv3636; 11-25-2009 at 03:12 AM. Reason: date
11-24-2009, 01:01 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to thegamerocks06
If you want it out by Christmas, you should probabally submit it right NOW!

11-24-2009, 01:03 AM
Well, 95% of apps are getting approved within 2 weeks, so I'm probably going to submit around the 10th or something. It's not ready for submission and I'm not on any sort of deadline so I'm not going to rush it, Christmas was just my original goal.
11-25-2009, 12:11 AM
Send a message via AIM to otggamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv3636 View Post
Well, 95% of apps are getting approved within 2 weeks, so I'm probably going to submit around the 10th or something. It's not ready for submission and I'm not on any sort of deadline so I'm not going to rush it, Christmas was just my original goal.
I believe on the TA podcast they mentioned that Apple said you'd need to submit by Thanksgiving if you wanted to guarantee a Christmas release. On the other hand, you game looks like it has an all-around winter theme, so prob not crucial that you get it released for Christmas.

Oh, and the game looks pretty fun. Can you build more than one word at a time on the snowballs at the bottom or just a single word?

Founder / Editor In Chief - AppAddict.net
Twitter: @OTGGamer
11-25-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm just guessing here, but there will probably be a ton of games for apple to get reviewed after taking Thanksgiving off. So it might take longer for your games get get approved in December.
11-25-2009, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by otggamer View Post
I believe on the TA podcast they mentioned that Apple said you'd need to submit by Thanksgiving if you wanted to guarantee a Christmas release. On the other hand, you game looks like it has an all-around winter theme, so prob not crucial that you get it released for Christmas.

Oh, and the game looks pretty fun. Can you build more than one word at a time on the snowballs at the bottom or just a single word?
Alright then, I changed it to say January release. As I said in the OP though the release date was never really important, just my personal goal. It makes sense that apps would take longer to get accepted this time of year so I won't be holding my breath for a Christmas release.

As for the app, I don't currently have it set up so that you can make multiple words although you definitely aren't the first to ask about that. I think I'll add that in, shouldn't be too difficult at all.

And so far I haven't received any PMs ... so far I've gotten almost universally positive response on the app so I'm a little confused why there's no interest in beta testing. The app is definitely not finished and I can absolutely still add stuff, so if you're thinking it just looks ok but it needs a certain upgrade/modification let me know, and if I like your idea I'll probably use it!

If you have any interest at all please shoot me a PM for beta testing

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention. I currently have the game integrated with OpenFeint, but I've seen a lot of praise for Plus+ on these forums. Would it be a wise move to switch over? The actual code on my part for the OpenFeint stuff is hardly anything so it wouldn't be too much of a hassle (hopefully), is Plus+ really that much better? I'm curious what you all think, as I don't have experience with either.

Last edited by tv3636; 11-25-2009 at 06:13 AM.
11-29-2009, 07:17 AM
As it does look like a Christmas themed game, I'm kinda glad you decided not to rush this. Look at all the submissions you'll be competing with around the same time, it's likely to get lost in the crush.

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
11-29-2009, 12:03 PM
Currently I like openfeint and plus+. It doesn't matter which it is.

Yas ot yttiw gnihton evah I.

Playing: Defender Chronicles, Minigore, Gomi, Tap Tap Revenge 2, Castle of Magic, F.A.S.T., A4E, Lost Empires, Star Defense
11-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv3636 View Post
Hello everyone, I'm finishing up my 2nd app: SnoWords - and I want some really good feedback so I'm looking for beta testers!

Here's a video of the most recent build (basically):
YouTube: video

For now, it's pretty close to being finished - at least gameplay-wise - and I'd really appreciate some solid feedback. Of course, I'd also like beta testers so I can catch any bugs that might still be present.

I'm new to the whole beta testing thing but I think the way this works is that you PM me with your contact info and iPhone identifier if you're interested (if this is wrong, let me know).

The only requirements for being a beta tester are:
- You promise to give feedback on the app
- You report any bugs that you encounter, and along with this give good detail of the situation - i.e. which game mode you were playing, how long you had been playing, any specific things you did that might have triggered the odd behavior.

Oh, and some things that will be added after beta testing for sure (so you don't need to worry about this stuff in the feedback, unless you want to give me a specific idea):
- Music
- Options
- Help (Come to think of it, I'll add this before I send it out for beta testing )

Let me know in this thread if you sent a PM, and thanks in advance to anyone that beta tests SnoWords

I'm hoping to get it submitted around mid to late December and get it out some time in January.
looks fun! Can you adjust the speed of the snowflakes, like easy, medium and hard modes?
Good luck

[infiniDy] US Warfare is out! $0.99 Launch Sale - http://bit.ly/ezOgVe Enter the $100 contest on TA - http://bit.ly/gRoSle
11-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Can I beta test? THANKS!

Gameloft ID: ababy---Fient ID:Viper92107---Plus+ ID:ababy
Beta Testing: Doodle Jump, Pocket God, Com2us (soon), iBetaTest (10 Games), Halo Reach
Favorite Games: Pocket God, Doodle Jump, Touchgrind, Jetcar Stunts, Eliminate Pro