★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: more fighting games .....

09-24-2008, 02:34 PM
more fighting games .....

anyone know of any more fighting games coming out ?...funky punch is great and i love the 3d feel, but more fighting games would be a "capital" idea !!!!...oh and a video recorder too but that can wait till christmas ....lol
thanks
09-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar12 View Post
anyone know of any more fighting games coming out ?...funky punch is great and i love the 3d feel, but more fighting games would be a "capital" idea !!!!...oh and a video recorder too but that can wait till christmas ....lol
thanks
There are two fighting games that have recently released, both of which, from looking at the screenshots, seem to be exactly the same just with different graphics. I wouldn't hold out much hope for them. I can't recall the names offhand, but one was released just a few days ago.

09-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
There are two fighting games that have recently released, both of which, from looking at the screenshots, seem to be exactly the same just with different graphics. I wouldn't hold out much hope for them. I can't recall the names offhand, but one was released just a few days ago.
If you're talking about the DS Effects games Id really suggest staying away. They're free web apps, so you can try them before you buy them. That's really a bad idea on his part though, because they're frickin terrible. All of those games seem to be not even halfway done. They're lame concepts and have almost no control. Try the web apps and you;l see what I mean. I recommend "Infiltrator" for a good facepalm experience.
09-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
If you're talking about the DS Effects games Id really suggest staying away. They're free web apps, so you can try them before you buy them. That's really a bad idea on his part though, because they're frickin terrible. All of those games seem to be not even halfway done. They're lame concepts and have almost no control. Try the web apps and you;l see what I mean. I recommend "Infiltrator" for a good facepalm experience.
ya i saw those two games for free and i wasnt impressed with them then.....its a shame there arent anymore fighting games out there....even a boxing game would be cool and i'm not talking aobut that "Iboxing" nonsense.....a kickboxing game would be bliss...But! there's new games released everyday so who knows....thanks
09-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar12 View Post
ya i saw those two games for free and i wasnt impressed with them then.....its a shame there arent anymore fighting games out there....even a boxing game would be cool and i'm not talking aobut that "Iboxing" nonsense.....a kickboxing game would be bliss...But! there's new games released everyday so who knows....thanks

I totally agree, a boxing game would be great. When the Wii came out, tat was obviously one of the first things they went for. It has a lot of potential on the iPhone, as long as the right people make it.
09-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Forget the lovers, I want a fighter!

Quote:
Thanks for the warning! It's too bad that they're no good; I'm really itchin' for an old-school button-pressing frenzy of a good time. I can't seem to get into Funky Punch (nothing personal). I'm looking for some mindless button-pressing kick-butt Double Dragon NES type fun (I'm not running jailbroken anymore, so no emulator for me ). Something simpler than Blue Skies (which is great), but more challenging than just random button pressing of, say, Aqua Hoops (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=291523235&mt=8)

Any suggestions?
09-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Quote:
I totally agree, a boxing game would be great. When the Wii came out, tat was obviously one of the first things they went for. It has a lot of potential on the iPhone, as long as the right people make it.
http://iphonestudio.dsmedialabs.com/...s_theboxer.htm

Don't know when it's coming out, but it's called "The Boxer" and it's by the same people who made this game.
09-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Quote:
If you're talking about the DS Effects games Id really suggest staying away.
Those DS Effects apps are just plain horrible. I feel bad for the people that buy their apps. They're also just clogging the Approval process because of their horrid app submissions.
09-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by break5 View Post
http://iphonestudio.dsmedialabs.com/...s_theboxer.htm

Don't know when it's coming out, but it's called "The Boxer" and it's by the same people who made this game.
That boxing game looks interesting...even something along the lines of "funky punch" but not so "cartoony" would be cool.....