★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: macworld games?

01-06-2009, 04:40 PM
macworld games?

hmm i would have thought lots of promotions and new games would have been released today :S i'm quite surprised been saving up too, call me a noob but is there more annoucements coming soon?
01-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipressbuttons View Post
hmm i would have thought lots of promotions and new games would have been released today :S i'm quite surprised been saving up too, call me a noob but is there more annoucements coming soon?
Macworld lasts till the 9th, I believe we should have a couple of games released by then. Maybe even NFS.

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago

01-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo19 View Post
Macworld lasts till the 9th, I believe we should have a couple of games released by then. Maybe even NFS.
ooooooooohh you see i didnt know that XD yeah i'm with you on NFS being released but i dont think the game will be any good to be honest.
01-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Slidetoplay just updated their site with some news on upcoming games from devs at Macworld

http://www.slidetoplay.com

Looking forward to Freeverse's Flick Sports Baseball

Last edited by jecebn; 01-06-2009 at 04:49 PM.
01-06-2009, 04:49 PM
ea just doesn't feel iphone yet. sim city, monopoly, spore... those are very good games but not amazing. for a last couple of years ea didn't create any HUGE game though.
01-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pante View Post
ea just doesn't feel iphone yet. sim city, monopoly, spore... those are very good games but not amazing. for a last couple of years ea didn't create any HUGE game though.
i'm with you there :/ they should develop a new IP for the iPhone
01-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Quote:
I think they have done a great job, compare them to sega, they truly havent done anything while Simcity is one of the fullest games on the iphone. I believe you are expecting 2 much from EA

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
01-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Quote:
I think they have done a great job, compare them to sega, they truly havent done anything while Simcity is one of the fullest games on the iphone. I believe you are expecting 2 much from EA
This is true, i second this
01-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Quote:
for a last couple of years ea didn't create any HUGE game though.
Not to go off into a tangent, but this is kind of untrue. EA's been doing a lot of new stuff, but it is correct that they haven't been bringing much to the iPhone platform yet.

However, they honestly have never done much for portable platforms as far as I can remember- the only big EA portable games I can think of are their sports games on PSP. And they certainly have done better than Sega.
01-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Quote:
yes, i said they did. but from a mark like ea you can expect even more. those games aren't as good as they should be. they should be fantastic and they are 'only' very good.