★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A SIMPLE and HILARIOUS GUESSING GAME!
* Apple Featured New and Noteworthy Game! *

SO, WHAT IS IT?

Hello, Imp here with my buddy Oaf to tell you a little about our game. To put it simply, this is a quirky guessing game for kids and kid-like adults!

HOW DO YOU PLAY?

Hello there, Oaf here. Heres how you play. Youll see a picture of either an imp or an oaf.

Itll be an extreme close up so you might not be able to tell what it is at first. But, if you can, press either the IMP or the OAF button to make your choice and youll get a full 100 points! Great Job!

If you cant tell what youre seeing at first, you can tap the screen to zoom out. Your view will move a bit too so that you can see a different part of the picture, but youll lose a few points with each tap to zoom out. The more you can see, the easier it is to tell. Simple!

WHAT HAS THE PRESS SAID ABOUT THE GAME?

Imp here. Dont just take my word on the quality of the game, heres what the press has said:

The art style is closer to what you would expect in a children's book and raises the bar on what we've seen in the past with games aimed at kids.- TouchArcade.com

The background music and audio is a big plus as well. Not only does it fit well with the style, but little comments when you touch the Imp and Oaf buttons made us giggle every time. - SlideToPlay.com

The artwork is just amazing its got a style all its own and really helps it stand apart from the crowd. and Its the kind of game that is great for young kids: simple to play and easy to understand. TouchMyApps.com

THATS ALL GREAT BUT WHAT ELSE YA GOT?

Hello, Oaf here again. Let me tell you a bit about some of the game's features:

* More than sixty imps and oafs to guess with all sorts for beasties, freaks and weirdos keeping them company.

* 10, 20 and 50 round games to play, each with a local high scores table.

* Youll get bonus points for doing random things like getting the answer right three times in a row andum...youll even get points for not answering at all! Do games get any easier than that? No, they do not.

Great. I'm going to take a nap and eat some pudding. Not in that order. Later.

* NOTE * Volume can be controlled by the volume buttons on the device! All sound effects can be turned off in OPTIONS, the music volume can be changed in the OPTIONS too.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

11-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Coolio

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

11-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Hey, you could add this video in the first post:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Game Center ID: Vragal
Twitter
11-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicente.ramirezch View Post
Hey, you could add this video in the first post:
Done
11-24-2009, 09:22 PM
We've posted a brand new video of the final version of the game (and we're pulling the old ones down soon).

Impressions?

First order of business: we're already working on some additions!

1. A tap meter that shows you (visually) how many taps you have left before you 'run out' and the round's over.

2. More imps and oafs...and maybe a few other things...

3. More 'bird badges' and a way to keep track of them (a bird sanctuary).

Other ideas?

Last edited by gildedskull; 11-24-2009 at 11:54 PM. Reason: new video now online
11-25-2009, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedskull View Post
We've posted a brand new video of the final version of the game (and we're pulling the old ones down soon).
Embedded the new video in the first post
11-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Promo code giveaway time!

We'll message a game code to the first person to post three characters (other than Imp or Oaf) from the @imporoaf Twitter feed! There have been tons of personalities that have 'appeared' over the past couple months...so this should be pretty easy!
11-25-2009, 12:37 PM
The code was won by '@sickofyou', on Twitter. Congrats!

Okay...here are a couple freebies to celebrate the release!

H4HMT7JLJ6ME
N99A4RPNEM3P

Enjoy!
11-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Woaf! Somehow I managed to limp away with H4HMT7JLJ6ME

iTunes was hung, typed it in by hand into my iPod Touch!

Thanks!

Following!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
11-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Woaf! Somehow I managed to limp away with H4HMT7JLJ6ME
lol

I just finished an amazing lunch: a fresh turkey on mini-loaf with a shrimp cocktail. Excessive!