★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Who wants Phoenix Wright to hit the AppStore?

11-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Who wants Phoenix Wright to hit the AppStore?

Possibly the greatest game on the DS, Phoenix Wright just seems like a perfect fit for the iPhone, with its type of gameplay and its save system. So who else wants to see it happen?
11-24-2009, 05:08 PM
I've mentioned it several times, but yes. I do indeed want this on the AppStore, the entire series would be nice.

This and The World Ends With You.

11-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
I've mentioned it several times, but yes. I do indeed want this on the AppStore, the entire series would be nice.

This and The World Ends With You.
And The World Ends With You was the other game that I could consider the best game on the DS. It's a close call, but I'm leaning for Wright. So I'd like to see that first. I personally want the second and third the most (as I already beat the first one), but I'd even settle for one I've beaten. It's that good.
11-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
And The World Ends With You was the other game that I could consider the best game on the DS. It's a close call, but I'm leaning for Wright. So I'd like to see that first. I personally want the second and third the most (as I already beat the first one), but I'd even settle for one I've beaten. It's that good.
Guys. TWEWY is unrealistic for iPhone, unless they make major drawbacks. Our only hope is Tin-Pin.

As for PW, I'd say that a port could be good, but it'd do best if they have entirely new ones. They could sell the whole thing as $7 or something, or have $1 per small case, $2 per epic case.
11-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikemike View Post
Guys. TWEWY is unrealistic for iPhone, unless they make major drawbacks. Our only hope is Tin-Pin.

As for PW, I'd say that a port could be good, but it'd do best if they have entirely new ones. They could sell the whole thing as $7 or something, or have $1 per small case, $2 per epic case.
That would be so awsome...PW is my most fave handheld game of all time. Maybe $5 for the game itself and then additional cases through DLC.

It's cool, refreshing, and irresistibly tantalizing...ChocoVanilla Ice-Cream!
11-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoVanilla View Post
That would be so awsome...PW is my most fave handheld game of all time. Maybe $5 for the game itself and then additional cases through DLC.
Dude yeah... Awesome ideas... I loved PW and when I finished all the cases it was just a huge letdown. Not because of how the game ended (it was awesome), but the fact that all the cases were solved. DLC would keep this from happening, and if Capcom was smart, this would be one of the first things they'd do. The thing is keeping the cases connected though, as that was one of the best parts about PW games is how the cases all have some plot element in common. Maybe it'd be sold in sections?
11-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
Dude yeah... Awesome ideas... I loved PW and when I finished all the cases it was just a huge letdown. Not because of how the game ended (it was awesome), but the fact that all the cases were solved. DLC would keep this from happening, and if Capcom was smart, this would be one of the first things they'd do. The thing is keeping the cases connected though, as that was one of the best parts about PW games is how the cases all have some plot element in common. Maybe it'd be sold in sections?
You know, it'd be super awesome if they sold bundles of 3-4 cases that align with eachother for $3-4 each, along with one bundle included initially. I would totally buy them.

But, I'm not sure how much time it takes to create the Phoenix Wright cases... So I dunno.
11-24-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm being totally unreasonable and disagreeing.
11-24-2009, 10:29 PM
I remember I spent about three months tracking down both Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Trauma Center: Under the Knife after hearing rave reviews about them (they were both low-shipping games, so I had to go to an GameStop like thirty miles away to grab them).

7/26/10-- Matt Garza throws first no-hitter in Rays history!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoHazuki View Post
It may strike you as disrespectful to ask questions, that's ok, it strikes me as stupid not to.
11-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazilian Rider View Post
I remember I spent about three months tracking down both Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Trauma Center: Under the Knife after hearing rave reviews about them (they were both low-shipping games, so I had to go to an GameStop like thirty miles away to grab them).
While I don't know about trauma center, Phoenix wright was worth the hunt. One of the greatest games ever.

And as to the one who suggested the case bundles, great idea. They may take time to come out though, just due to how much time it must take to come up with such an awesome script.