Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-25-2009, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Oh, I didn't realize it post directly to your facebook photo album, that is pretty cool.

Do you all at Secret Exit have Facebook and Twitter we can follow?
We're really hoping people take note of the Facebook integration in Stair Dismount - it should really allow for some fun interactions (like a meta-game of sorts).

We're on twitter:
http://twitter.com/secretexit
Old 11-25-2009, 02:07 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

So I guess the name "LEDGE Dismount" was only a joke (and I fell for it: hook, line and sinkah.)
Old 11-25-2009, 02:09 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Ledge Dismount LIVES!
Old 11-25-2009, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starjimstar View Post
So I guess the name "LEDGE Dismount" was only a joke (and I fell for it: hook, line and sinkah.)
Not so much a joke as a small joint statement of support for the developers who have had to suffer from idiotic trademarks.

I'm certain there'll be a ledgy & edgy level in the game at some point
Old 11-25-2009, 02:24 AM
The Bearded One
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfonken View Post
Ledge Dismount LIVES!
Off topic a bit, but my favorite of the Edge joke games is Edgecrement by the Canabalt developer. Don't forget to clench. Amazing. I love how all the developers banded together to do that

However, on topic, I'm going to pick up this game right now. I'm a little disappointed in the underwhelming response so far, but I've been looking forward to this game for what seems like forever. I'm determined to check it out for myself.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:38 AM

Here is a really nice gameplay video from a Japanese iPhone site:

Youtube link | Pop Up

The only major functionality it doesn't cover is the Facebook face selection and photo upload.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:41 AM

Have loved this since I found it on Windows years ago and it's on my macs too now. Just bought the game and it is exactly what I wanted bar one thing.

In the desktop version you see the initial impact data:
So the Force bar has the gradient which is the same type of thing as the Touch bar.
There is an end screen on the Touch which lets you see which body areas hurt the most and that too is on the desktop version.
But the impact data is not there as far as I can see? I cannot know how to replicate.

Example: I just hit the little guy in the thigh down the stairs in the desktop version, I used around 80% power and I scored 73,297. In the Touch version that is all I can tell you. In the Touch version it is therefore not possible to remember and refine those settings. On the desktop I can tell you that Heading was 326.59 and Pitch was -14.66 so on the desktop you can check me. (Same settings, 50% power is 80k, 75% power is 113,700).

I don't think they are absolutely key but it's something I'll be missing.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:43 AM

I gave this a go, unfortunately the novelty of throwing people down stairs wore off pretty quickly for me. At $2.99 it seems pretty limited for what you get. But maybe that is just me getting too old for things like this.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:55 AM

this seems to be lacking when compared to max injury, but that's just by looking from the surface of it. Anyone who has both and could give a more detail breakdown between the two? Not interested in what features are coming (we all been down that same old road too many times), more interested in what features is in the game ATM and how they stack up against max injury.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:06 AM
The Bearded One
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I just read the review on the front page, and I think Arn has summed up my feelings on this game perfectly. Really enjoyable to play and highly polished, but lacking in actual game elements. But it is a lot of fun, and I played for over an hour straight, not realizing how much time had passed. I've never played the original, so I can't sympathize with the lack of details of the dismount. But one thing I wish was different is instead of touching the actual body of the dummy to place your impact point, I wish you could grab and manipulate the actual arrow instead. My finger blocks the impact point, and sometimes I feel like I'd like to make a really minor adjustment but can't. If I could move the arrow itself around, I could focus on where the little circle of impact is on the body.

I like the game, though. Most will probably balk at the $3 price, and point out the lack of certain gameplay features. But I feel it's worth it for how high quality and entertaining it is. If they can add some additional elements, like online scores, that will add a lot to a really solid foundation.

I figure, in the meantime though, I'll post my current high scores. I have no idea if they are any good or not. Anyone else feel free to do the same:

My First Dismount - 77,766
Classic Stairs - 209,139
Downward Spiral - 235,730
Concrete Results - 171,060
Moonlight Stairflight - 230,913
Stiletto - 314,424

And here's a picture of my little TA dude chillin on the stairs