App description: Perform mad acrobatics, witness bone-cracking impacts and lose a limb or few in this lovingly accurate ragdoll simulation. With Mr. Dismount and his agile friends, bodily harm can be supremely stress-relieving.

Name aside, Stair Dismount is not only about stairs any more. The game has over 20 free locales: towers, ski slopes, airports, pyramids, bumper cars and much more. Compete against the world for high scores in maximum damage!

Use photos of your friends and share your acts of loving kindness via video replays, email and Twitter!

Features:
- The crunchiest sound effects ever heard in a digital entertainment product
- Select faces from the device Photo Library
- Multiple inspiring locations for rapid descent

The most convincing personal impact simulation seen on the App Store!

*Winner of Technical Achievement category in IGF Mobile 2010!*

See the video on stairdismount.com
Follow Mr. Dismount on facebook.com/MrDismount
Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/secretexit

Dismounting is not to be attempted at home or outside, and should be left to trained professionals. Secret Exit does not recommend or condone dismount attempts outside 3D computer simulations.

Frand's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

EDIT - Jun 8th 2011

New trailer added! Version 2.0.1 with motion levels promoted with the best of our audiovisual marketing talent. Also as a point of curiosity for the members of this forum, Android support is soon coming.

----
EDIT - Nov 25th - Started official thread

Figured it'd be a good idea for Stair Dismount to have a home where we can keep everyone updated of what we are planning, what the community is requesting, and how we are responding to the requests

HIGH SCORE THREAD HERE!
Mr. Dismount's Facebook profile

Edit - Dec 8th Stair Dismount is now $0.99

Our game has been recognized by Apple under the "What's Hot" section of iPhone games, and to encourage sales we are lowering the price. Stair Dismount is now undoubtably the best ragdoll bang for the buck, and even more so once version 1.2.0 has been approved.

EDIT - Dec 14th - Update 1.2.0 is approved!

Features of the update:

- OpenFeint online leaderboards
- Three new levels (Mt. Dismount, The Ledge, Loose Bindings)
- In-game access to iPod music library
- In-game help (can be disabled in the options screen)
- The game remembers the previously selected face and level
- Quick Start button in the main menu, jumps directly into the last played level with the previous face
- Camera flash and shutter sound when taking a Dismount photo
- Many more Facebook photo taglines
- Option to reset local high scores (note: old scores will not be uploaded to OpenFeint)
- A new panoramic camera used to display the dismount locations in all their glory. Used in the main menu and in level start.
- Minor control tweaks (improved pinch etc.)
- Minor visual polish here and there (credits screen, dust particles)

EDIT - Feb 6th - Lite available, update 1.2.5 waiting approval

Features:

- Player's own face can now be selected in the Facebook friends list
- Clear Face -button added to face selection screen
- Online high scores shown in the level selection screen on the bottom right corner of each level button
- Online and local high scores shown in the intro screen of each level
- One extra level, "Pyramid Scheme"
- Mr. Dismount's Facebook page and Secret Exit's Twitter page links added to About-screen
- Frame rate issue fixed on some 1st gen devices (caused by audio)
- New Secret Exit splash screen (yeay!)
- New game promotion functionality, accessed from the "Secret Exit" button in the main menu
- OpenFeint updated to latest version

----

Feature requests:

REQUEST: ALLOW PLAYER TO CHANGE MR. DISMOUNT'S STARTING POSITION
A good idea, but one we prefer to use in scenes that are designed for it. (i.e. not implemented for now)

REQUEST: MULTIPLAYER
Unlikely to be added to Stair Dismount.

REQUEST: LEVEL EDITOR
In the distant future, a PC level editor may be released, but having a 3D level editor inside an iPhone game would be more work to implement than the game itself.

Screenshots of the next update:
10-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Stair Dismount Universal v1.6.0 submitted

With almost three million downloads of Stair Dismount Universal to date, we've ruthlessly kept working on updates. The latest version has just been submitted, and brings with it two bigger features (a level pack and a new scoring mechanism):

- "Winter Sports" IAP level pack, with five new scenes from half-pipe to downhill to ski-jump and more. These levels are different from the ones before, they are slippery.
- A freebie taster of Winter Sports, a new level called "Skid Marks".
- The new winter levels calculate distance as well as points, giving a whole new goal to strive for.
- The UI has been rewritten, so now the layouts are cleaner, performance optimized and memory consumption also reduced. This should help particularly on older devices.
- Various bugfixes concerning iPod music, game start-up etc.

Some screens:

The new level selection screen, with the Winter Sports bundle unlocked.

Landing uncomfortably in "Skid Marks".

A most flighty pose in "Skier's Resolve".

The update has been submitted, pending approval, which is naturally not guaranteed.

Last edited by Frand; 10-25-2010 at 11:26 AM.
10-25-2010, 11:23 AM
well that guy found the north pole LOL

V|I|D|E|O|G|A|M|E|S
My Anti-Drug

11-04-2010, 12:39 PM
what taking them so long to approve this update?????

V|I|D|E|O|G|A|M|E|S
My Anti-Drug
11-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTKiNG View Post
what taking them so long to approve this update?????
A stupid mistake that's really all our fault. When we submitted the update, we forgot to check the localized iTunes descriptions for the game, and they contained conflicting information.

The errors have been fixed, and the approval process continues
11-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frand View Post
A stupid mistake that's really all our fault. When we submitted the update, we forgot to check the localized iTunes descriptions for the game, and they contained conflicting information.

The errors have been fixed, and the approval process continues
cant wait for this to come out!

GameCenter / plus+ / Crystal ID: MeteorFlare
OpenFeint: MeteorFlye
11-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Stair Dismount Universal v1.6.0 approved!

Say hello to the Winter Sports Level Pack IAP:

Youtube link | Pop Up
11-11-2010, 02:25 AM
What's New in Version 1.6.0

- "Winter Sports" IAP level pack! Five slippery, snowy levels for great outdoor downhill dismounting!
- Free winter sports level: "Skid Marks"
- Distance scoring for Winter Sports levels! See how far you can push a professional! (With new online leaderboards for longest distance.)
- UI rewrite to clarify visuals, optimize performance and reduce memory consumption. Particularly helpful for older devices.
- Latest version of OpenFeint leaderboards.
- Improved Quick Play -button. Now with 37% less confusion!
- Misc. bugfixes: improvements with iPod music playback, game start-up, IAP process etc.

ANd I think The game is FREE right now

V|I|D|E|O|G|A|M|E|S
My Anti-Drug

Last edited by EMTKiNG; 11-11-2010 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Edit; ANd I think The game is FREE right now
11-13-2010, 01:59 PM
could someone please tell me how to purchase the characters? every time i try to while im playing the app, it tells me that "In App Purchases arent available". The same thing applies when i tried to download the 5 slippery levels. is there something that im missing or that i am doing wrong?
11-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayShay1993 View Post
could someone please tell me how to purchase the characters? every time i try to while im playing the app, it tells me that "In App Purchases arent available". The same thing applies when i tried to download the 5 slippery levels. is there something that im missing or that i am doing wrong?
Some wild guesses:
1) Just rebooting the device may fix whatever network issue is a matter (an active network is of course necessary)
2) Check that you are logged in to the App Store region where your account is located before launching the game (from Settings -> Store)
3) If a device is jailbroken device and there are pirated apps installed, the device could be farked in a number of ways which register it as a development device, preventing access to the actual App Store
4) Activated parental controls may prevent IAPs from working
11-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frand View Post
4) Activated parental controls may prevent IAPs from working
thank you so much! thats what was wrong! i feel like such an idiot now xDD