★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dev version of app same as app store version?

11-25-2009, 02:19 AM
Dev version of app same as app store version?

Im trying to submit one of my games to the app store, but when I got the app store certificate, I can't link my xcode project to it or the app store provision.

Can I just send the dev build instead since I got that running, or what is a good place to do it step by step?

Artist and dev for Team Dropkick
11-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktfright View Post
Im trying to submit one of my games to the app store, but when I got the app store certificate, I can't link my xcode project to it or the app store provision.

Can I just send the dev build instead since I got that running, or what is a good place to do it step by step?
No, it must be a distribution build. You need to follow the exact steps that are outlined on the development portal.
11-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktfright View Post

Do you have a working ad-hoc build? I think if you don't it will be quite difficult to go straight from dev to app store. Create an ad-hoc version, get this working. For me, I can build my app, send the ad-hoc to the phone from xcode where it terminates (I think the debugger can't connect to the ad-hoc app, is this standard behaivior?) but can be run fine by pressing the icon.

Then preferably test your ad-hoc on a device that isn't on your dev provision so you can be 100% sure the ad-hoc is working right.

Only when your ad-hoc is working should you attempt to make your App Store build, based on your ad-hoc with all the same settings. The instructions in iTunes Connect are very clear on this. I was expecting real hassles but the process was very simple compared to getting the ad-hoc working.

I appologise if you already have ad-hoc working and this post is kind of insulting. Maybe if you do you should try deleting your app store config and starting again based on your ad-hoc.

-=< Fat Owl With A Jetpack >=-
-=< Topia World Builder >=-
-=< Twitter >=-
-=< Blog >=-