★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ** No. 1 puzzle game in nine countries! **

Are you quick on the draw? All the animals in the zoo are escaping, and its up to you to rope em in! Lasso lions, monkeys, zebras and parrots as fast as you can in frantic combo-based puzzle action.

Gameplay

Use your finger to draw around different species. Capture lots at once to get more points. Then go for big combo bonuses with figure eights, clover leaves or even wilder shapes. But watch out if too many animals leap onto the screen, youll be overwhelmed!

Check out the gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a66BxcNWKnw

Reviews

Featured in Apples What were playing section!

The graphics are cute and charming and very polished addictive to keep re-playing to better your score great when you just want to play a little five-minute game. Appmodo.com

Zoo Lasso is a well designed and well executed lassoing game using the iPhones unique touchscreen interface. NoDPad.com

Features

Start your mission as a lowly Volunteer Rope Holder and rise through all 11 ranks to Emperor of Entrapment and beyond.
Make sure you catch the time-slowing tortoise!
Resume your game at the touch of a button.
Get the young uns playing NoDPad.com calls Zoo Lasso a perfect game for the kids.
Beat your friends best scores on the global OpenFeint leaderboards.
Earn 17 OpenFeint Achievements for high ranks, impressive combos and many more challenging tasks.

Youll be on the edge of your seat with Zoo Lassos new breed of fast and competitive shape-drawing gameplay. Start roping today!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
Trailer:

Gameplay Video:

11-25-2009, 08:27 AM
Thanks for posting this, ImNoSuperMan! So yeah, our first iPhone game is out, and we're pretty stoked.

We'd like to draw your attention to the following special item. As Tim said in the 'upcoming games' thread, it's an off-the-wall music vid we made about the animals in Zoo Lasso. Hope you enjoy it!

EDIT: Whoops, having trouble embedding, here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gg73v5iWyY

Last edited by LaunchingPadGames; 11-25-2009 at 08:29 AM.

11-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Embedded the video in the first post

Impressions from the other thread :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchgamer3g View Post
Very early impressions (I only played for a few rounds)- Very cute pick up and play game. The graphics are great and the animals are pretty realistic. I like the option to continue the game when you pause and exit. Also, the directions are very clear which is always a plus!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
Played several games of this and it is definitely a well done game. I love the OpenFeint integration, the graphics are cute, and it gets difficult pretty quickly...don't let the cuteness fool you.

My one complaint is that it is difficult to draw loops around creatures at the upper right corner...it is very easy to stray too far and activate the pause button instead.

In the Open Feint integration, I would love it if the ranks we earn while sorting animals were listed as achievements/trophies in OF and showed what we did to earn them.

Stats like total number of animals sorted and for each species, largest number of animals lassoed, and largest combo would also be cool to see on stat leaderboards.
11-25-2009, 11:24 AM
lol, thanks...I was just about to come and paste my impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
11-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Send a message via AIM to otggamer
That trailer was 10 kinds of awesome!

Founder / Editor In Chief - AppAddict.net
Twitter: @OTGGamer
11-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by otggamer View Post
That trailer was 10 kinds of awesome!
Thanks! We're pleased at how it came out. (Props to Tristan who worked his ass off on the art and animation!)
11-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Cheers for all the props in the other thread guys. Hopefully people like this one.

And let us know what you think of that music video! It was a very random idea to act on...
11-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Nice work guys, have played a few times and managed to get 5th-6th on the leaderboards.
11-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Hey peoples! We need more people playing our game. This is where you come in - we've got three promo codes below, so first in, first served! They're pretty much all we have left, sorry, otherwise you can be sure we'd give away more.

If you miss out, take a moment to check out Zoo Lasso anyway! Don't be fooled by its cute appearance - this game is challenging and addictive.

And hey, also check out our off-the-wall Zoo Lasso music video at the top of the thread and here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gg73v5iWyY

The codes:

W4WNWH3M4E4R
7AY3E37XE6NH
XY6RM9RN7FLR
11-27-2009, 01:56 PM
thank you!!

W4WNWH3M4E4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaunchingPadGames View Post
Hey peoples! We need more people playing our game. This is where you come in - we've got three promo codes below, so first in, first served! They're pretty much all we have left, sorry, otherwise you can be sure we'd give away more.

If you miss out, take a moment to check out Zoo Lasso anyway! Don't be fooled by its cute appearance - this game is challenging and addictive.

And hey, also check out our off-the-wall Zoo Lasso music video at the top of the thread and here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gg73v5iWyY

The codes:

W4WNWH3M4E4R
7AY3E37XE6NH
XY6RM9RN7FLR

Plus+: MiniMe ~ OF: Problem ~ Gameloft: Change ~ AGON: Negamaki