★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Matmi
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 6.0 MB
  • Version: 2.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Elf is reaching for the wintry heights in this fun relaxed adventure to jump, glide and fly skyward. Guide your elf to grab bonus boosts and dodge the thistles for a high score thats as high as you are literally!

Ultra sparkling fun for novice to expert to elf gamers.

But can you reach the stratosphere? The higher your elf gets, the more challenging it becomes. The expert player will discover that a good strategy is required to achieve a really high score.

Features:

Lovely graphics and animations
Unique sound effects in stereo
Local and Online scoreboards plus Facebook Connect
Pause, Save & Resume
Challenge option
Created specifically for the iPhone/iPod Touch
Created by the wonderful minds of Matmi

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

11-25-2009, 05:49 AM
Instant purchase, since it's from Matmi!

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..

11-25-2009, 06:10 AM
Sweet game.
It's one of the get-as-high-as-you can platformers of the Doodle Jump family.
The style reminds me of Polar Peril. But the controls are far better. I really love the sounds and music (like a dream). Animation is also nice. You jump higher by toughing different obstacles, some of them give you boost which you can activate later to prevent you of falling down.

The only critic I would have. The game is way too easy, or in other words, one gaming session takes way too long, since there are too many "platforms" on the screen, so it's really hard to miss... But I guess, it's also a game for children, so I could understand why you chose this level of difficulty.

But style-wise, it's 100% Matmi quality!

11-25-2009, 06:13 AM
The return of 'addictive' word.

'Simple yet addictive gameplay'
and
'Simple to learn yet hard to master'
were two of the most commonly used phrased several months ago.
11-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Does the game have global scores ?

If the dev reads this post......any plan to add difficulty levels ?
11-25-2009, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Does the game have global scores ?

If the dev reads this post......any plan to add difficulty levels ?
The game has a global high score and also a facebook high score.

The game increases in difficulty the higher you get. Our top score is 170,000 but that was really hard as it became so difficult.

We say th egame is addictive because all our testers could not stop playing. My girlfriend constantly takes my phone and plays it.

Enjoy
11-25-2009, 08:33 AM
Damn, I'm hooked!!
Now this title adds a lot of strategy, since you can boost your scores with bonus candy for which you must collect other objects of the same colour. And it's really important to collect as many boosts as possible. They will help you later on. I'm nr. 3 right now and I guess, the other 2 are beta testers

Bye the way, since one session can take REALLY long, you should be able to resume after getting a call.

But congrats. A fantastic season game without being seasonal

EDIT: currently nr. 2

Last edited by your personal robot; 11-25-2009 at 09:52 AM.
11-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Damn, I'm hooked!!
Now this title adds a lot of strategy, since you can boost your scores with bonus candy for with you must collect other objects of the same colour. And it's really important to collect as many boosts as possible. They will help you later on. I'm nr. 3 right now and I guess, the other 2 are beta testers

Bye the way, since one session can take REALLY long, you should be able to resume after getting a call.

But congrats. A fantastic season game without being seasonal
Thanks for your kind words. After making pinball we wanted to make something with a wider appeal. I am really pleased with the game

I would also like a resume funtion, we may put that in a update as we did not have time before submission.

Enjoy. Looking forwward to seeing some good scores
11-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Any videos to get a feel of how the game is?

Gameloft Live/OpenFeint/AGON/Plus+/iTunes Reviewer: Revlisoft / GameCenter: SilverDragon / Favs: Project Phoenix Doodle Jump Dungeon Hunter 2 Sentinel 1/2/3 Tiny Tower Cartoon Wars GoldRush Dragon Portals Puzzle Quest 2 AoD Trenches Order & Chaos Nick Chase Superfall
11-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlisoft View Post
Any videos to get a feel of how the game is?
I am just in the process of making a video. Should be up tomorrow.

Apple approved the app in record time so we were not ready!

Have fun.