★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Flick Baseball by Freeverse

01-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Flick Baseball by Freeverse

Update : April 28 '10

Coming out on May 3rd 2010

http://toucharcade.com/2010/04/28/ex...s-almost-here/
Quote:
Flick Baseball is a full 3D baseball game that looks and plays a lot like a fleshed out version of Com2Us's Homerun Battle 3D [$4.99 / Free] with 3D players, tilt to aim batting, and some extra features such as being able to control your runners and where your outfielders throw the ball. Since Homerun Battle 3D is still one of my favorite iPhone games, I'm really happy with how Freeverse seems to have captured a very similar batting mechanic that works extremely well.

======================
See: Developer's remarks

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

"Flick Sports Baseball will be the newest entry in the Flick Sports series when it comes out sometime in February. Like the other FS games, this will focus mainly on the mechanics of the sport in question--batting and pitching, in this case. The game's producer mentioned that those controls are still under development, but will probably involve a finger-swipe mechanic to control batting.

FS Baseball doesn't have the MLB license, but you will be able to customize your league's teams, as well as individual players. Smith demoed this for us very quickly, applying pinstripes and various jersey colors to his player with a touchable palette.

The game will also feature multiple stadiums, as well as night and day play. Freeverse isn't sure whether a full season mode will make it into the game yet. -STP"

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 04-28-2010 at 02:23 AM.
01-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsamd View Post
Macworld Preview

YouTube: video
hehe; nice!! u beat arn.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95

01-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Looks pretty awesome! Yay for more real sport titles!
01-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Sweet! Thanks dude.
01-06-2009, 11:55 PM
I hope it has the gameplay of Baseball Superstars , but with iphone quality graphics and intuitive mechanics...

창의력

Last edited by salsamd; 01-07-2009 at 02:23 AM.
01-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Freeverse makes great games. Have been a fan since the 90s. First thing that popped in my mind, other than purchasing the app, "It Takes Two" by Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock, bustin' the running man. booom, yeah ---wah! yeah ---wah! booom, yeah ---wah! , yeah ---wah!

MacBookPro 17" 2.33, 23" LCD, Ipod Touch 1st Gen- JB'd, Iphone 3g - not JB'd----yet.
01-07-2009, 01:19 AM
Send a message via AIM to STP_Steve Send a message via Yahoo to STP_Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsamd View Post
YouTube: video

"Flick Sports Baseball will be the newest entry in the Flick Sports series when it comes out sometime in February. Like the other FS games, this will focus mainly on the mechanics of the sport in question--batting and pitching, in this case. The game's producer mentioned that those controls are still under development, but will probably involve a finger-swipe mechanic to control batting.

FS Baseball doesn't have the MLB license, but you will be able to customize your league's teams, as well as individual players. Smith demoed this for us very quickly, applying pinstripes and various jersey colors to his player with a touchable palette.

The game will also feature multiple stadiums, as well as night and day play. Freeverse isn't sure whether a full season mode will make it into the game yet. -STP"
LOL... text from me and video from Arn/Blake! I like it. We'll have video up soon too, as soon as I have a chance to edit it.

Steve Palley, www.slidetoplay.com
01-07-2009, 01:53 AM
Thanks so much for the video. It shows what the competition is up to. Great to know where we stand!!

Thx!
HHG
01-07-2009, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandheldGames View Post
Thanks so much for the video. It shows what the competition is up to. Great to know where we stand!!

Thx!
HHG
Hmmm, if you guys are also working on a baseball game that would be great!

창의력
01-07-2009, 03:40 AM
has there been any word on an official game? i welcome all the unoffiical ones and that one looks cool and i imagine ill buy it, but i really want an official one too heh.