★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Axion (yet another Korean RPG being ported to the iPhone).

11-26-2009, 03:27 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Axion (yet another Korean RPG being ported to the iPhone).

Youtube link | Pop Up

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhon...ws.asp?c=16917

Quote:
At this point, there's not much we can tell you about the Korean mobile RPG sensation Axion, as it's not a game that ever really made it off its native shores.

The game is built using the relatively new native Korean mobile platform, WIPI-C (a kind of Java/Brew hybrid) and although it's proving popular with the locals it's slowed the spread of some of the hottest games from companies like ZIO Interactive.

But ZIO has been in touch to tell us that its iPhone mech fighter Metalion is now on the App Store, and will be followed up soon with the first western appearance of the Axion franchise.

Looking over the mobile screenshots on the official Korean page, it's easy to see why Axion never really made the transition to more traditional mobile formats. The graphics are immensely detailed, busy and lush, with lots of characters, objectives and locations.

Boss battles also appear to feature heavily, with huge, screen-sized enemies, dragons, and even giant birds of prey for you to fly on.

The first screenshots of the iPhone adaptation of Axion (which we're told will be based more on the sequel, Axion II) are attached, and look pretty damn splendid. These Zelda-esque old skool RPGs are proving popular on the iPhone, so Axion is likely to go down a storm.

More news as it comes in.
11-26-2009, 03:47 AM
Sometimes I wish I could move to Korea just for their awsome games......anyways great news on yet another great rpg!

It's cool, refreshing, and irresistibly tantalizing...ChocoVanilla Ice-Cream!

11-26-2009, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoVanilla View Post
Sometimes I wish I could move to Korea just for their awsome games......anyways great news on yet another great rpg!
That's where I live but the iphone's only being released 2morrow...
11-28-2009, 11:24 PM
This game looks good, I'm surprised it didn't get more attention. I like those dramatic flashy Korean games!

Mission Europa 2 is coming!!!
http://ryanmitchellgames.wordpress.com
11-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Quote:
lol i am korean. but i live in sweet USA
11-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpud View Post
This game looks good, I'm surprised it didn't get more attention. I like those dramatic flashy Korean games!
Same here, but I predict terribly implemented controls that feel as though they were ported instead of optimized.

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
11-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Looks pretty good.

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
11-28-2009, 11:32 PM
Quote:
I'd personally rather move to Japan. A lot more games.
11-29-2009, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
I'd personally rather move to Japan. A lot more games.
Yes but it doesnt beat Korea in terms of mobile games

It's cool, refreshing, and irresistibly tantalizing...ChocoVanilla Ice-Cream!
11-29-2009, 01:32 AM
Looks cool, I'm interested!