★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Interceptor: Now available in the App Store

09-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Interceptor: Now available in the App Store

Hi all
Interceptor has been approved and is now available in the App Store:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=291167440&mt=8

I'd love any feedback, bug reports, or suggestions. Thanks!

You can see details of the game and a demo video here:
http://ben.geek.nz/interceptor/
09-24-2008, 05:27 PM
i thought u said it was a dollar. And what does the price go up to after the sale?

09-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raps27 View Post
i thought u said it was a dollar. And what does the price go up to after the sale?
I think you suggested it should be a dollar
09-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Send a message via AIM to XOrlandoPX
I have been waiting for a game like this to come out but now there are two, Missile Command and Interceptor, and I just don't know what to get !!!
09-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Come on, now. Two dollars is a great price for this app.

Here are my first impressions - and I haven't played Missile Command yet, so I will not make a comparison! The graphics and sound effects are great. I like the fact that the background wallpaper changes when the level changes. I also like the fact that you can pause the game (by pressing PAUSE at the top left of the screen). Plus, you get extra points because the app saves its state! It's a great app that can be played at any time. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raps27 View Post

Last edited by vandy1997; 09-24-2008 at 06:24 PM.
09-24-2008, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy1997 View Post
Here are my first impressions - and I haven't played Missile Command yet, so I will not make a comparison! The graphics and sound effects are great. I like the fact that the background wallpaper changes when the level changes. I also like the fact that you can pause the game (by pressing PAUSE at the top left of the screen). Plus, you get extra points because the app saves its state! It's a great app that can be played at any time. Thank you!
Thanks man! I appreciate the feedback.

I'll tell you that the initial version I submitted didn't save state, but once I implemented that I quickly withdrew that version from the app store and re-uploaded, because it was worth waiting the extra couple of days to have it in!
09-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Hmm i just bought Missile Command... This sounds like a solid offering though. MC didn't have any real game play innovations to offer past the bells and whistles, so this may be a good choice for the budget minded.
09-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy1997 View Post
Come on, now. Two dollars is a great price for this app.
Really? I think I'd have to disagree. The Atari offering is only $4.99 but looks MUCH more polished than this, IMO. It also has the classic mode, with the original arcade graphics (if you ever feel like taking a trip down memory lane) and saves its state when exiting, as well ... It would be different if Atari were trying to gouge people at $10 again, but they're not. The low price of the 'real deal' means knock-offs (like this game, unfortunately) should be either free or $0.99, in my opinion.

I'm sure the OP spent a lot of time on this app, it's just unfortunate timing.
09-24-2008, 08:08 PM
bah, I got missile command thinking I'd have time before Intercepter came out =(

This is my next purchase, and I'll put up a head to head
09-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavis View Post
I'm sure the OP spent a lot of time on this app, it's just unfortunate timing.
In reality, Interceptor is a different game to Missile Command. I've bought MC and played it, and the gameplay in Interceptor is barely comparable.