★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: ShopSavvy - THE Black Friday shopping accessory

11-26-2009, 01:17 PM
ShopSavvy - THE Black Friday shopping accessory

ShopSavvy is THE Black Friday shopping accessory for anyone who wants to save money this holiday season. Just point the scanner at any barcode and ShopSavvy will provide you with both online and local prices. Take ShopSavvy with you when you shop and ask the retailer to match the prices you find from the more than 20,000 retailers who send their pricing data to ShopSavvy. Millions of users around the globe use the app to find the best prices for the products they want to buy.

Our version 1.0 scanner is a little confusing for some users. Make sure you have lots of light and hold the phone still when you attempt to scan a barcode. If you are at home and try to test the scanner it might not work well due to lighting conditions or because of the type of product you are scanning. Take ShopSavvy to Best Buy and try it there before giving us a rating. Our version 1.2 (due soon) will offer more scanning hints as well as a new scanning library for faster results. In the meantime, don't bother scanning barcodes on curved or wrinkled surfaces (i.e. coke cans, bottled water or groceries).

Works on ALL iPhones (2G, 3G and 3GS).

No matter how you spell it: Shop Savvy, Shop Savy, ShopSavy, ShopSavvvy - ShopSavvy can help you shop.

P.S. We know there are bugs and we are working diligently to fix them. An update is coming out soon.

Last edited by salsamd; 11-26-2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: appinfo
11-26-2009, 02:43 PM
It is even strange that the app is free. It`s cool! Found out today that the lipstick I wanted was 3 bucks cheaper just round the corner! It will be my first aid in tomorrow`s sales!