★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Space Rage

01-07-2009, 04:40 AM
Space Rage updates, reviews etc

I thought it was about time I started a new thread for this

My latest update to my game just went live. This one includes automatic saving in-progress games and the saving of options. I think this should come in quite useful as the game can last quite a while, and alot of people just like to play a game for a few minutes at a time. The release before this one also included a new level type where you have to protect a cargo ships, and the ability to submit scores online, space dust and speed indicator; to give more of a sense of speed, multiple weapon types and many other changes, like vastly increasing the boundary of the 'arena'.

Again, feedback is much appreciated as I'm still wanting to make improvements.

Ive also had lots of other ideas for making a Space Rage 2. This would involve completely giving the graphics a overhaul, including all new HUD, menu's, images.. New game play modes, missions, difficulty settings and possibly even online multiplayer.

Last edited by spacerage; 01-07-2009 at 06:15 AM. Reason: more informative title :)
01-07-2009, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacerage View Post
I thought it was about time I started a new thread for this

My latest update to my game just went live. This one includes automatic saving in-progress games and the saving of options. I think this should come in quite useful as the game can last quite a while, and alot of people just like to play a game for a few minutes at a time. The release before this one also included a new level type where you have to protect a cargo ships, and the ability to submit scores online, space dust and speed indicator; to give more of a sense of speed, multiple weapon types and many other changes, like vastly increasing the boundary of the 'arena'.

Again, feedback is much appreciated as I'm still wanting to make improvements.

Ive also had lots of other ideas for making a Space Rage 2. This would involve completely giving the graphics a overhaul, including all new HUD, menu's, images.. New game play modes, missions, difficulty settings and possibly even online multiplayer.
I have liked the game since it was released. Thanks for a fun, game with stunning iPhone graphics. This is a really good pick up and play 3D space shooter.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

01-07-2009, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
I have liked the game since it was released. Thanks for a fun, game with stunning iPhone graphics. This is a really good pick up and play 3D space shooter.
Thanks Always nice to hear encouragement.

I think the reviews are still messed up though. I currently have 17 written reviews which average around 3.5 stars, which I think is good as just about all the bad reviews are from its very early (and not very good) state. However, the average shown is still only 2 stars. I think this is because out of the ~3000 people who have the app (~2000 got it in the 24 hours it was free) around 200 people removed it and as they removed it they obviously didnt like it, which is fair enough, but obviously they would give it a low rating.

I think this is unfair (as do alot of devs) as 2800 people have the app and afaik are enjoying it, but dont have the option to give it a quick rating. But out of the 6% of people who removed it were given the option and then my apps average rating gets pulled down, and therefore my sales do too. If you're interested in my sales, Im happy to share
01-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Cool, I will load this game on my iPhone again, then.
01-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
Cool, I will load this game on my iPhone again, then.
Thanks, feel free to give it a good review too
01-07-2009, 08:33 AM
That's a good point about the review thing...
01-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oticon6 View Post
That's a good point about the review thing...
I think if anything, it should bring up a similar review box on using an app say the 3rd/5th time, that way apps that people like will have a chance at being reviewed fairly.

My app is currently selling less than 10/day, which comes to around 100 a month. I've initially put in about 200 hours to this project and have been putting in maybe 40 hours a month since launch. So thats less than 2.50 an hour.

Its funny because my other app in the reference section is selling about 80 - 100 a day, as it had 4.5 star review and is in the top 10 and is therefore making alot more money. I thought the figures would be the other way around

I just thought I'd share anyway