★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mobile Pie Ltd
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.7 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "Once in a while a new word game comes along that is unique to all others in the category, and Oh, My Word! is one of them... 9/10" Apps Addicts

"A prettier and more interesting version of Hangman Pocket Gamer

"Is this game cool or what!" iPhone App Reviews

Oh, My Word! 2 is the sequel to Mobile Pie's critically acclaimed brain-box bendingly simple yet highly-addictive word puzzle game.

Close in on a hidden five-letter word by finding out if the word you guess is before or after it in the dictionary. It'll make you scratch your head and whoop with joy as you search and find illusive words and smash top scores.

Features:
- Three awesome modes: From the old favorite of Classic to the fast and frantic of Time Attack and Survival.
- A huge dictionary of words to guess from.
- Swish graphics and sounds.

Oh, My Word! 2 is the perfect game for on your own on the bus or train or with your friends huddled around and guessing with you.

Will_Mobile_Pie's comments:
For one week only Oh, My Word! 2 is just 99c or 59p!!!

We've also taken over at AppGamer.net

Here's me and Company Director, Tom, demoing the game:

Youtube link | Pop Up

It now features a couple of new gameplay modes as well as a new Easy difficulty, as well as a huge dictionary and a swish new look.

Available to buy on the App Store now!

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and hope a few of you will add me on Plus+ (my username is willmp)!

Below follows (the rather dry) press release.

---------------------------

Oh, My Word! 2 Comes to iPhone and iPod touch with Plus+

Bristol, UK, 27th November 2009 The award winning studio Mobile Pie (developers of Tap n Slide and B-Boy Brawl ) today released their latest game to Apples App Store for iPhone and iPod touch.

Oh, My Word! 2 is the sequel to Mobile Pies critically acclaimed brain-box bendingly simple yet highly-addictive word puzzle game. Featuring ngmoco's Plus+, it allows players to challenge the world and unlock awards.

Close in on a hidden five-letter word by finding out if the word you guess is before or after it in the dictionary. Itll make you scratch your head and whoop with joy as you search and find illusive words and smash top scores.

Creative Producer Will Luton said:

Oh, My Word! 2 has been an absolute labour of love for us The new time-based gameplay modes are brilliant and weve made the game more accessible for new players. On top of that Plus+ allows players to unlock in-game awards for their efforts as well as compete on a global scale I cant wait to be tackling some of those leaderboards!
  • Oh, My Word! 2 is priced at 1.79 / $2.99 and features:
  • Plus+ Network: Unlock awards and compete with global leaderboards.
  • Three awesome modes: From the old favorite of Classic to the fast and frantic of Time Attack and Survival.
  • A super swish new look.

ENDS

Oh, My Word! 2 web page: http://www.mobilepie.com/games/oh-my-word/

Oh, My Word! 2 YouTube demo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61PZlC7moYo

App Store link (US): http://itunes.apple.com/app/oh-my-word-2/
App Store link (UK): http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/oh-my-word-2/id338994486?mt=8
App Store link (Mobile Pie Ltd): http://itunes.com/MobilePieLtd

About Mobile Pie

Mobile Pie is a developer of imaginative entertainment for mobile platforms. Based in the heart of Bristol, the studio has received such notable accolades as Channel 4s New Mobile Game Developer of the Year and received the Media Innovation Awards Trophy 2008.

Mobile Pie has led cutting edge research in games and mobile technologies and have worked with such prestigious clients as Hewlett-Packard and the BBC, putting us ahead of the pack in terms of technology and expertise.

With focus now shifting towards our own original IP Bristol Media identified us as Ones to Watch for 2009 whilst Chinwag told the world our award winning content has mouths watering all over and people coming back for more.

We are set to continue our growth in to the coming years and beyond with Mobile Pie becoming synonymous in the gaming publics mind with high quality titles for mobile platforms.
11-27-2009, 07:54 AM

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG

11-27-2009, 07:58 AM
Lol! Ownage penguin sweater

EDIT:

I think the best part is the first 10 secs when he slaps the paper out of his hands

Last edited by d1; 11-27-2009 at 08:05 AM.
11-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Congratulations on the launch! I've always been a fan of the first one, so this will be an obvious buy

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter
11-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Looks good, and with Plus+

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
11-30-2009, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek420 View Post
Lol! Ownage penguin sweater
Cheers, dude. It's my favorite sweater!

Creative Director @ Mobile Pie. Visit our website. Follow me on Twitter. Friend me on Plus+ willmp.
12-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Here's a quick round up of what the critics have been saying:

Oh, My Word! 2 might fly under the radar of many gamers. A lack of guns, explosions and fancy 3D graphics might immediately write the game off for many, but these people were never the games target demographic. Saying this, the game certainly has wide appeal, and will surprise many who assumed beforehand that it wouldnt be their cup of tea (like my good self). Give the game an inch however, and itll steal a mile; Oh, My Word! 2 is deceptively good fun. Word-puzzle fans shouldnt think twice about snapping this up.

7/10

App Gamer review

Word game aficionados have cause to celebrate because Oh, My Word! 2 is now out for the iPhone and iPod touch All in all, Mobile Pie does an extremely great job by coming up with a creative new take on a crowded genre that not only packs hours of diversion but is great to play anytime and anywhere!

4.75/5

App-reciation Reviews review

The result is a game that feels more like an update that rounds out a first attempt than a true sequel which expands the concept. Oh, My Word! 2 is a pleasant experience for word fiends, then, but more SOLID than SUPER.

6/10

Pocket Gamer review

If you've not bought it yet, why ever not?

If you run a blog or website and want write a review, PM and I'll send you a promo code.

Creative Director @ Mobile Pie. Visit our website. Follow me on Twitter. Friend me on Plus+ willmp.
01-18-2010, 05:16 AM
One week only Peggle price drop: 59p or 99c from today!

01-18-2010, 06:48 AM
global peggle?

thanx for the good news! just wondering: will that peggle go global? just checked in the Swiss store, still higher priced there
01-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itigger View Post
thanx for the good news! just wondering: will that peggle go global? just checked in the Swiss store, still higher priced there
Yes, it is global. Unfortunately it takes a little time for the price drop to propagate across the different store.

Just checked the UK and US stores and the price has now peggled there!