★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Let's play OctoTouch anytime, everywhere!

OctoTouch is finally coming to iPhone/iPod touch!! It is latest version of you have seen in the video game console one.
Put same color octopuses on cooking grid same as number on the cooking grid then the octopuses disappear.
Basic rule is same as video game console version.
OctoTouch provide intuitive game playing by touch controls.
Touch control and console-like controls are provided.

How to play

Moving Octopus: Cursor move onto Octopus and then touch the screen. Octopus will move around in the cursor.

Deleting Octopus: There are some cooking grids with written number. Put same color octopus on the cooking grid same as on the cooking grid. The octopuses will be bubble and disappear.

Making Rensa(chain): Once octopuses changed into bubbles, put continuously same color octopus on it regardless of the number. This octopus will be bubble as well.

Jamauni(Garbage blocks): Whenever a Rensa(chain) is achieved, Jamauni (Garbage blocks, Nuisance) are sent to the opponent.
Jamauni is not able to disappear except getting into Rensa(chain)
The more making big Rensa(chain), many Jamauni will sent to the opponent.

Deciding games: If the game field is piled to the top by octopuses and Jamauni then the game is over but if octopuses or Jamauni is deleted with in 3 counts after that, game keeps going.

Game Mode.

Story mode: Choose your favorite character and play with CPU. Try various characters because they have each special technique to defeat.
There are 3 levels difficulties. It allows form beginner to expert to enjoy the game.

Fight to the finish mode: Play the game until game is over. You can get a title under given conditions such as your score or number of Rensa(chain).
Octopus certification will be given depending your score.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

11-27-2009, 10:02 AM
I guess this game is okay...

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

11-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Video makes it look a little randomly frantic. Hard to tell how much skill and actual game play was involved as opposed to just tapping randomly; but going to keep my eye out for impressions.
11-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Not sure about this one. I agree with NEG on the video. With all the quality puzzle and Match 3 games out there, this is going to have to be awfully unique and polished to be worth $4.99.
11-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprloe View Post
Not sure about this one. I agree with NEG on the video. With all the quality puzzle and Match 3 games out there, this is going to have to be awfully unique and polished to be worth $4.99.
I agree most of the really good match 3 games go for 2.99 to 3.99 and there are alot more for less than that.
11-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Looks kinda like Puzzlings with that rotating mechanic, except it's played with a versus mode. With each match, the characters on the top are blasting each other and filling the other side with unmatchable gems (or whatever-you-call-thoses). If your screen fills up,you lose.
11-27-2009, 11:42 AM
I am pretty sure I owned a Wii version of this. It was okay but nothing great.

EDIT:Yes, this is looks very close to Octomania for the Wii. I picked that game up at ToysRus for $9.99. The game works but you seem to do just as well by randomly spinning the pieces to get them on the grill.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 11-27-2009 at 12:03 PM.
11-27-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't like the random tapfests that get you even better scores than had you actually TRIED to play the game. Magical Drop Touch also has the same - throw some stones on your opponent - component and that game is only 99 cents (maybe its on a BF sale though). Not the same kind of matching but still. For this price it will have to have some majorly good reviews to change my feelings at the moment!

Last edited by New England Gamer; 11-27-2009 at 01:22 PM.
12-15-2009, 10:50 PM
I know this thread is really old, but I finally bought this game. It is not what I thought it was... it's better than what I thought it was; here are some impressions:

-1st of this game is VERY Japanese from the art style to the music and voice acting (unlike the Wii version it uses the Japanese voices)

- The Gameplay involves dueling a character and using a puzzle grid to make attacks. On the playing field are these little grills (they are 3X3) with a number on them. If a grid says "3" you have to gather 3 of the same color on that grid. Let's say you gather red "octo thingys"

Once you gather the right number, they turn into red bubbles and start to slowly disappear. While they disappear you can make chains by connecting the same color octos to the bubbles. If you make a chain of 10 your character will unleash a powerful attack; if its less than 10 a number of "sea urchins" will kill room in your opponents playing field.

-There are two control methods: a dpad method and a touch method; both are not erfect but they get the job done.

Since I love crazy Japanese games this game was totally worth the $5. There are 12 characters (most of them have to be unlocked) and a story mode (with 3 difficulties) for each as well as an endless mode.

Hope this game gets some more fans like me

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius