★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Metal Gear Solid Touch previewed by Xsellize

01-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Metal Gear Solid Touch previewed by Xsellize

Metal Gear Solid Touch has been previewed by Xsellize and it is very disappointing. It is like shooting at wallpapers. It would be released in February 26.

http://www.xsellize.com/showthread.php?t=17995

Here are some new images of Konami's Metal Gear Solid Touch for iPhone and iPod Touch, the story is based on MGS4, but the genre is strictly shooting. Producer Yasuyo Watanabe explained that because iPod Touch and iPhone are not game console, so the gameplay should be simplified. The game will have a simple touch shooting interface. You use finger to adjust the target and tab the screen to shoot.

because iPod Touch and iPhone are not game console, so the gameplay should be simplified. Does anybody find this stupid? They made one for cell phones but no iphone. Oh well, i guess the japanese are just talking down on the iphone and not taking it seriously. I mean iphone has Hero of Sparta and BIA but can't handle MGS that was made for cell phones. That is dumb.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	big_mgsi1.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	608   Click image for larger version

Name:	big_mgsi2.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	609   Click image for larger version

Name:	big_mgsi4.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	610  

Click image for larger version

Name:	big_mgsi5.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	611  

Last edited by Freeway82; 01-07-2009 at 01:21 PM.
01-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Thats hardly a review, just the same scans from the Japanese gaming mag available before.

Anyway I dont mind shooting beautiful wallpaper

01-07-2009, 01:49 PM
If it has the soundtrack of a Metal Gear game it will be worth it to me...

Gamecenter:1337brian
01-07-2009, 01:52 PM
It's hard to tell what it will be just by looking at some blurry pictures, but considering Metal Gear Solid's track record I am sure it will be fine :P
01-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Send a message via MSN to firstprime
Damn it anyway! I was really looking farward to this....
They say they can't make a real mgs game for iphone
Becase it isn't a gaming console, and because they aren't
Going to get thier regular customers who know how to
Play the game. This is such a cop out so they can make
A bad game. Of course I'm still going to get it, becase....
Well...because it's metal gear solid....I have to get it......
But if it's bad, I gonna do some serious bitching!!!
01-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Perhaps they're just testing out the ipod/iphone audience before committing many hours and $thousands to create a "true" Metal Gear game. That's my hope.
01-07-2009, 02:36 PM
I still think this will be a top dog for our iDevices. This 'preview' really doesn't show us anything about the game, so nothing is lost.
01-07-2009, 02:48 PM
First off, I'm a fan of the series and have played many of the games (even the NES versions!) and one of my favourite parts to the series was the stealth element to the gameplay, which seems to be non-existent in this version. In fact stealth was always the main gameplay component you had to use - i.e. avoiding enemies using boxes, distracting them with wall taps etc.

In every MGS game i've played, the gameplay was always top notch and innovative. Thats why this is so disappointing. They could've done some really fun and cool stuff with this game, instead they went for a simple tap target shooter and will probably slap a $9.99 price tag on it too! I certainly WON'T be buying this before I see some reviews! Seems like blasphemy to call it MGS really!
01-07-2009, 03:19 PM
i dont care for this review.

I LOVE A P P L E !
01-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nizy View Post
First off, I'm a fan of the series and have played many of the games (even the NES versions!) and one of my favourite parts to the series was the stealth element to the gameplay, which seems to be non-existent in this version. In fact stealth was always the main gameplay component you had to use - i.e. avoiding enemies using boxes, distracting them with wall taps etc.

In every MGS game i've played, the gameplay was always top notch and innovative. Thats why this is so disappointing. They could've done some really fun and cool stuff with this game, instead they went for a simple tap target shooter and will probably slap a $9.99 price tag on it too! I certainly WON'T be buying this before I see some reviews! Seems like blasphemy to call it MGS really!
I don't see why everyone is talking about this game like they know how it will play and look like. The screenshots floating around, while clearly depicting some gameplay, has no bearing on what the rest of the game will be like. Surely the game will not be as simple as a point and tap shooter, the stealth elements will work their way in somehow.