★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Help paying for games via paypal?

01-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Help paying for games via paypal?

The credit card I registered with iTunes expired so when I try to make purchases for games it says insufficient store credit remaining. I rather not add a new credit card number since I usually pay with gift cards anyways but I always have some money in my paypal and I just wanted to pay for my games via the money in my paypal. I went to my account options and registered my paypal to pay for iTunes purchases but then when I tried to buy the game again it told me insufficient store credit remaining again...

Does anyone know what to do so I can buy games using money in my paypal? Can you take me through a step by step process? Do I have to supply a valid credit card again even though I'm not going to use it or can I just remove the credit card information totally? Why won't iTunes accept paypal as a payment? I have over $50 in my paypal account at the moment.
01-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchstuffforfun View Post
The credit card I registered with iTunes expired so when I try to make purchases for games it says insufficient store credit remaining. I rather not add a new credit card number since I usually pay with gift cards anyways but I always have some money in my paypal and I just wanted to pay for my games via the money in my paypal. I went to my account options and registered my paypal to pay for iTunes purchases but then when I tried to buy the game again it told me insufficient store credit remaining again...

Does anyone know what to do so I can buy games using money in my paypal? Can you take me through a step by step process? Do I have to supply a valid credit card again even though I'm not going to use it or can I just remove the credit card information totally? Why won't iTunes accept paypal as a payment? I have over $50 in my paypal account at the moment.
retry putting in the paypal number in your account.

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago

01-07-2009, 06:11 PM
I never had any luck using paypal as my form of payment - same issue. Good luck!

My solution - buy a $50 gift card on ebay or some legit place and pay with paypal. Then just use the gift card code on itunes.
01-07-2009, 06:20 PM
well today was that i managed to use my paypal in itunes. i had updated my account yesterday to premier. but before this it asked me to have my bank account confirmed and some credit or debit card assigned to paypal. then again; i ordered my debit card from paypal yesterday so hope this helps. in case u got confused:

u need a credit or debit card in your paypal account or get the free paypal debit card (u need premier account)

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
01-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels View Post
I never had any luck using paypal as my form of payment - same issue. Good luck!

My solution - buy a $50 gift card on ebay or some legit place and pay with paypal. Then just use the gift card code on itunes.
yea I'm going to do this. I can't get paypal to work.

Do you know any of these legit places I can buy besides ebay online where I can purchase the card with paypal and they email me the code? I currently don't have an ebay account.
01-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Quote:

Do you know any of these legit places I can buy besides ebay online where I can purchase the card with paypal and they email me the code? I currently don't have an ebay account.
try my post; if not bestbuy should accept paypal.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
01-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Quote:

I use http://virtualgamesupplier.com/ I have bought (I think) 3 ituines cards from them and have never had any problems.

16gb iPod Touch 2G Plus+ ID- ZZMitch
Last Bought- Pirate Bay, ARKANOID, GeoDefense Swarm, ORBITAL, Word Ace.
Waiting for-GTA:CW, Plants Vs. Zombies, Assassin's Creed II, Riddim Ribbon and Nova.
01-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
u need a credit or debit card in your paypal account or get the free paypal debit card (u need premier account)
yup, i was about to say the same thing - it doesn't matter if you have credits in your paypal account, it -needs- a credit card for billing.
01-07-2009, 07:12 PM
I am verified on paypal, it has my bank account and a credit card on file. I still can't get paypal to work as payment on itunes. Maybe it is because my checking account is my main payment form on paypal. Either way, it is flawed and that shouldn't matter.
01-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZMitch View Post
I use http://virtualgamesupplier.com/ I have bought (I think) 3 ituines cards from them and have never had any problems.
Hmm... that site gives me a fraudulent site warning on Safari... visiting may harm your computer