★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Block Fall now on the App Store (Promo Codes!)

11-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Block Fall now on the App Store (Promo Codes!)

Hi

Apple have just published our new game - Block Fall on the App Store.

Check it out at http://itunes.apple.com/app/block-fall/id341182144?mt=8

Block Fall is an addictive color matching puzzle game with a difference!

Try to get rid of all the blocks on the screen. Tap groups of colored blocks and they disappear - the bigger the group the higher your score.

Promo Codes:

EXXLE6X3WYFL
WP7AYRFFJFXW
9NREPJXNWAN7
9KM43YMF7AWR

Enjoy!

Mophy Software (makers of Block Fall) - www.blockfall.com
11-28-2009, 05:37 PM
got the only code that wasn't lurker pwned 9KM43YMF7AWR

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

11-28-2009, 05:47 PM
got 9NREPJXNWAN7 thanks.

Played it for a bit so far and it's good. I would like to see a way to turn down the background music and still keep the sound effects. The sfx are good but you can't really hear them.

It could use a brief instruction page explaining what the pictures mean at the bottom left. I get the levels but don't really know what the rest mean. Maybe a strategy screen would be good too, I'm not sure when the blocks fall and when a level changes.

It's fun so far but would be more fun if understood it a bit more.

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
11-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Thanks for your comments!

Once you get the hang of it it's really quite simple. You have a certain number of lives (indicated by the heart symbol) - every time you clear a group that only has 1 or 2 blocks in it you lose a life. Clearing groups of 3 or more blocks doesn't cause you to lose a life. Once you have run out of lives rows of blocks fall down (the number of rows is indicated by the middle symbol). The aim of the game is to complete all of the levels without having the falling blocks overflow the screen!
11-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mophy View Post
Thanks for your comments!

Once you get the hang of it it's really quite simple. You have a certain number of lives (indicated by the heart symbol) - every time you clear a group that only has 1 or 2 blocks in it you lose a life. Clearing groups of 3 or more blocks doesn't cause you to lose a life. Once you have run out of lives rows of blocks fall down (the number of rows is indicated by the middle symbol). The aim of the game is to complete all of the levels without having the falling blocks overflow the screen!
Cool thanks for clearing that up. What does the colored block picture mean between the level and heart?

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
11-28-2009, 06:24 PM
It is supposed to indicate blocks falling - i.e. the number of rows of blocks that will fall down when you use up all your lives.

It goes up by 1 for every color you get rid of.
11-29-2009, 11:50 AM
So I played it, and I must say it is pretty good. I like the graphics.
Its like reMovem, but the blocks keep on falling down until you clear the screen.
Congrats on your game!

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon