★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Dan Bourque
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 2.6 MB
  • Version: 4.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The popular Square Master game is now on Game Center!

The goal is to move the blue square to the bottom-center position. It may seem easy, but the minimum number of moves to win is 126 (in the most difficult levels), which is about the same as the Rubik's Cube®. Be forewarned, it's highly addictive and becomes increasingly challenging. This is an excellent logic exercise for players of all levels.

LEVELS AND STATISTICS:
You can select the level of difficulty from very easy (requiring a minimum of 10 moves) to very difficult (requiring a minimum of 126 moves). The game contains over 50,000 different starting layouts, so the game will remain challenging forever. You can see your proficiency for each level, and jump right to those you haven't quite mastered yet.

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE:
If you get stuck, you can use the game's sophisticated AI to reveal the next best move. These hints appear on the game pieces and are continuously updated as you play.

GAME CENTER
Square Master is now on Game Center, Apple's new social gaming network! You can compare your score against your friends', and unlock achievements as you play to gain gamer points.

COUNTDOWN MODE
When playing in countdown mode, the time and moves counters displays the amount of time and moves remaining to master the current level. If either counter reaches zero before you complete, the corresponding label is highlighted and the counter continues counting up from there, until you complete the game. It has no effect on your score; it's just a convenient way of monitoring your progress.

OTHER FEATURES:
- Automatic game saves
- 117 levels of game play
- 100 Game Center Achievements totaling 1000 points to unlock
- Selectable skins
- Over 50,000 layouts
- Optional elapsed time & moves counter
- Highly addictive
- No login or signup needed to submit your score online
- Listen to iPod music while you play; Square Master doesn't stop your music

ONLINE REVIEWS:
9 out of 10 at AppCraver!
"Square Master is a grade 'A' game."
Read the full review at http://www.appcraver.com/square-master

4.5 out of 5 at AppStoreApps!
"Square Master is a great example of how an application should be developed for the iPhone."
Read the full review at http://www.appstoreapps.com/square-master

Please visit http://facebook.SquareMasters.com for our fan page. You can also check out the worldwide scores and maps of users at http://www.SquareMasters.com

(This game is a variation of a classic sliding puzzle game that has been played in many countries for over 100 years. It is also known as: Pennant Puzzle, Dad's Puzzle, Red Donkey, l'âne rouge, Hua Rong Dao, , Daughter in the box, hakoiri musume, Klotski, Klocki, and Khun Chang Khun Phaen.)
11-28-2009, 08:14 PM
whoa... this one has plus+? interesting... there is no info on plusplus.com nor inside plus+ (ie. achievements list)

iLike & iRecommend: Archibald's Adventures, Blimp, Bombardiers Guild, Boulder Dash - ROCKS!, Critter Crunch, Durak, Edge, Eliss, Fieldrunners, Flick Fishing, Flight Control, Galcon, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Handy Jacks, Memovator, Quadrix, Rolando, Rolando 2, Smart Sokoban Pro, Squares, Space Miner, Totemo, Train Conductor

11-28-2009, 08:51 PM
For a dollar and with Plus+... totally bought.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
11-28-2009, 09:56 PM
I've had this one for a while, it is nice to see it updated with Plus+!

There are over 100 levels, it is beautifully polished, it has Plus+, and it is only a dollar. I definitely recommend it for fans of this sort of game.

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter
11-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Looks slick and for 99c i was going to get it.

Then i realized it had plus+, so bye, i'm skipping it. I refuse to support a network with Luxor in it.
11-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Anyone else notice that there is a player near the top of the leaderboards that has Worms iPhone on his plus+ games list? This seems like kinda big news.

Edit: Sorry that was riddled with bad grammar.

Last edited by yrrebeulb19; 11-28-2009 at 10:30 PM.
11-28-2009, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monk666 View Post

Then i realized it had plus+, so bye, i'm skipping it. I refuse to support a network with Luxor in it.
Guess it is time to quit the app store then, since Apple sells Luxor. And don't even think about installing Steam. Or buying an Xbox 360 or PS3

11-28-2009, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrrebeulb19 View Post
Anyone else notice that the a player near the top of the leaderboards has Worms iPhone on his plus+ games list? This seems like kinda big news.
Hopefully Team17 will be doing more in the update than just adding Plus+, because that game needs some serious work

Last edited by kmacleod; 11-28-2009 at 10:30 PM.
11-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monk666 View Post

I heard the guys who made Luxor drink water. Are you gonna stop drinking water because they do.

Game Center: B34$T
Proud beta-tester for a bunch of cool games.
Dual-stick shooter fan
11-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacleod View Post
Hopefully Team17 will be doing more in the update than just adding Plus+, because that game needs some serious work
Really? I never played it, just bad performance, bugs, or something else?

Also back on topic Square Master seems pretty good so far.