Support our Sponsors:

Old 11-28-2009, 06:58 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Default Arabic Language

Hello =)

Everyone knows that the iPhones Store does not have games in Arabic,, but rarely!

We need to Arabic language in games ,like the rest of the languages

Has been supporting the Arabic language for iPhone officially from Apple after the" 3.0 update"

These are some of the information for the Arabic language :

1 - the official language in 25 countries ,,
2 - of the languages of the six official United Nations ,,
3 - Number of employees 422 million according to Encarta Encyclopedia, and 350 to 422 million according to Wikipedia encyclopedia

Map of majority Arabic speakers :

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Arabic_Language.PNG[/url]

Thanx and Regret on the broken English..
Old 11-29-2009, 06:07 AM

I Want an Answer
Old 11-29-2009, 06:51 PM

Where the Developers?
Old 11-29-2009, 07:41 PM
iPhone 3G

Unfortunately, localization is a huge waste of money on the iPhone.

We hit #1 in Russia Top Paid by selling 6 copies. Our game wasn't even translated into Russian.

Actual numbers and downloads for Saudi Arabia, UAE, etc. are very similar: low downloads resulting in absurdly high rankings. We would be wasting money to translate into Arabic for the sake of 10 overall sales.

There are over 40 different languages to localize, and none of them have enough market share to make it worthwhile at this time, at least for the small developer.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flickitty View Post

We hit #1 in Russia Top Paid by selling 6 copies. Our game wasn't even translated into Russian.

Actual numbers and downloads for Saudi Arabia, UAE, etc. are very similar: low downloads resulting in absurdly high rankings. We would be wasting money to translate into Arabic for the sake of 10 overall sales.

There are over 40 different languages to localize, and none of them have enough market share to make it worthwhile at this time, at least for the small developer.
This proves how ignorant you are.
You are SO right about the Arabic languages, but very wrong in general.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:

thank you for your comment

it is correct that the number of downloads in the Arab world is low but once you introduce the Arabic language to the iphone whether video games, softwares etc, the number of Arab users will increase for sure.

Quote:
Notice:
If any one wont to add Arabic additional language to his forum, So you can use this file without any change.
But If you wont to make fresh install Or upgrade with Arabic language, Then you need to change first 2 strings:
Find:
Code:
I want from you to explain more regarding this point.

Last edited by mo3ath; 12-04-2009 at 10:34 AM..
Old 12-04-2009, 10:46 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotlight View Post
This proves how ignorant you are.
You are SO right about the Arabic languages, but very wrong in general.
How the hell is that ignorance? It's pure fact, iPhone games don't sell well at all in certain parts of the world, translating them would mean spending money just to please the 2-3 people that actually end up reading it.

I'm sure some developers out there love what they do enough to be happy with breaking even or even taking a loss on a few of their projects, but expecting to make money from all the hours of work you put into something isn't being unreasonable.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Banned
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

I'm happy with breaking even. That's my goal, since Santa's Smackdown will be free with DLCs.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
How the hell is that ignorance? It's pure fact, iPhone games don't sell well at all in certain parts of the world, translating them would mean spending money just to please the 2-3 people that actually end up reading it.

I'm sure some developers out there love what they do enough to be happy with breaking even or even taking a loss on a few of their projects, but expecting to make money from all the hours of work you put into something isn't being unreasonable.
Don't talk for your no-quality games (if you're a developer).
Investing on translations is a smart thing to do, if your software has some potential.

Do you even know why the big firms translate their games?

I'm according to you that the Arabic market is pretty ridiculous, but don't under estimate the potential of markets like Japan, Germany, Italy and France.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:06 PM
iPhone 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotlight View Post
Don't talk for your no-quality games (if you're a developer).
Investing on translations is a smart thing to do, if your software has some potential.

Do you even know why the big firms translate their games?

I'm according to you that the Arabic market is pretty ridiculous, but don't under estimate the potential of markets like Japan, Germany, Italy and France.
Did I even mention Japan, Germany, Italy or France? Those are part of the Big 8, and if any localization is done, those are a good place to start. This thread is about Arabic- and there are far more countries that SHOULDN'T be localized than those that SHOULD be localized.

It is possible for an App to do very well without localization.

The OP came in throwing numbers about, however those numbers don't actually mean anything.

I wouldn't advise any indie developer to localize unless they can do it for free, and only if they already have a presence in that country WITHOUT localizing. If you are #1 in France or Germany, then you should definitely consider localizing, in the very least, to make your existing customers happy.