★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

plus+ level changes

11-28-2009, 09:39 PM
#1
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Poland
Posts: 393
plus+ level changes

not so long ago there was announcement/news in plus+ games, that plus+ levels was changed

there is info that existing (veteran) users/gamers was awarded with "elite" status...

... does anyone know what this "elite" status actually is?

iLike & iRecommend: Archibald's Adventures, Blimp, Bombardiers Guild, Boulder Dash - ROCKS!, Critter Crunch, Durak, Edge, Eliss, Fieldrunners, Flick Fishing, Flight Control, Galcon, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Handy Jacks, Memovator, Quadrix, Rolando, Rolando 2, Smart Sokoban Pro, Squares, Space Miner, Totemo, Train Conductor
11-28-2009, 09:54 PM
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by estyst View Post
not so long ago there was announcement/news in plus+ games, that plus+ levels was changed

there is info that existing (veteran) users/gamers was awarded with "elite" status...

... does anyone know what this "elite" status actually is?
Well not too long ago, they did reshuffle levels in order to make the curve go up much faster. The highest ranking is Pro I think, followed by Advanced, then Experienced, then Rookie. Is that what you meant, or is there another update in the works that I haven't heard about?

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter

11-28-2009, 09:58 PM
#3
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Poland
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacleod View Post
Is that what you meant, or is there another update in the works that I haven't heard about?
yes and no, in the official news: http://plusplus.com/news/73-Plus-Level-Changes

there is this line: "and it rewards our our veteran Plus+ gamers with Elite status."

... I'm just curious what this "ellite" status is maybe it is above Pro, but only for veterans? hmm...

iLike & iRecommend: Archibald's Adventures, Blimp, Bombardiers Guild, Boulder Dash - ROCKS!, Critter Crunch, Durak, Edge, Eliss, Fieldrunners, Flick Fishing, Flight Control, Galcon, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Handy Jacks, Memovator, Quadrix, Rolando, Rolando 2, Smart Sokoban Pro, Squares, Space Miner, Totemo, Train Conductor
11-28-2009, 11:27 PM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by estyst View Post
yes and no, in the official news: http://plusplus.com/news/73-Plus-Level-Changes

there is this line: "and it rewards our our veteran Plus+ gamers with Elite status."

... I'm just curious what this "ellite" status is maybe it is above Pro, but only for veterans? hmm...
Ahh, I see what you mean. I could be wrong, but I think in that context, they're not meaning "Elite" as a literal title, but more as just a descriptive word. Being "Advanced" or "Pro" would be an elite status, I think.

Maybe they are adding additional incentives to veteran players though; it would be a cool addition. They just have to be careful not to alienate new players. If they cater too much to veterans, new players will feel left out.

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter
11-28-2009, 11:37 PM
#5
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 200
I took one of those plus+ pulse surveys a while back and it talked about incentives like betting your plus+ points on direct challenges and exchanging points for prizes. I'm not saying that they will do these things, but they were mentioned in that survey. Personally I think that these are bad ideas, but I suppose they are possible incentives for the future.
11-28-2009, 11:43 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrrebeulb19 View Post
I took one of those plus+ pulse surveys a while back and it talked about incentives like betting your plus+ points on direct challenges and exchanging points for prizes. I'm not saying that they will do these things, but they were mentioned in that survey. Personally I think that these are bad ideas, but I suppose they are possible incentives for the future.
Huh, I've heard several people talking about that type of survey, but I've never seen one. Where do you take them?

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter
11-28-2009, 11:56 PM
#7
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Where the Grass is Green and the Girls are Pretty
Posts: 2,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacleod View Post
Huh, I've heard several people talking about that type of survey, but I've never seen one. Where do you take them?
There was an ad for it in eliminate, I'll see if i can find a link

Gamecenter: Will090
11-29-2009, 12:10 AM
#8
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacleod View Post
Huh, I've heard several people talking about that type of survey, but I've never seen one. Where do you take them?
They send me e-mails about upcoming plus+ games and ask me to take their survey.
11-29-2009, 12:20 AM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrrebeulb19 View Post
They send me e-mails about upcoming plus+ games and ask me to take their survey.
Ahh, I must have opted out of that at some point, that makes sense

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter
11-29-2009, 06:20 AM
#10
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Poland
Posts: 393
omg... "betting your plus+ points on direct challenges" - isn't it pure hazard? O_o

"exchanging points for prizes" - here is the good one, however I wonder what could be the prize and if it will be "regionally restricted" (like for US only for example)...

all in all plus+ games and earning plus+ points are fun, but there is nothing you can actually do with it... even some badge/picture you can put into your signature here on forum for example would be fine, like xbox live has, and you can brag about it or something...

iLike & iRecommend: Archibald's Adventures, Blimp, Bombardiers Guild, Boulder Dash - ROCKS!, Critter Crunch, Durak, Edge, Eliss, Fieldrunners, Flick Fishing, Flight Control, Galcon, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Handy Jacks, Memovator, Quadrix, Rolando, Rolando 2, Smart Sokoban Pro, Squares, Space Miner, Totemo, Train Conductor