★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

COD Zombies - Wave 52

11-29-2009, 02:18 AM
COD Zombies - Wave 52

Wanted to post this because I had an extremely pleasant team today in Call of Duty: World at War Zombies - Nacht der Untoten. Thanks to Shilo for taking the pics and hosting them. I found out about the chat (http://xat.com/codzombies) in the Touch Arcade forums, and then I met these great players. Here was our team:

1. Radoni
2. thayneq
3. ShiloBuff
4. Narziss

Our strategy was to stay in the main room and NOT open any doors or stairs. Four players distributed across five windows made it easy to take care of the main room. We all used the M1A1 Carbine to get headshots on all the approaching zombies. At a certain point, it seemed like the waves of zombies were all the same - that is, higher waves were not any more difficult.

What was actually happening was that though each wave was similar in quantity and speed of zombies, the zombies had more health with each wave; however, their health was irrelevant since we were killing them with headshots.

Around wave 45 we got terribly bored so we decided, after wave 46, to go reverse help room (that is, keep the help room door closed and go up to alamo and then down the other stairs into the help room).

I grabbed the flamethrower (in the big room) and got the ray gun after a few tries at the mystery box.

We tried to hold the help room but got overwhelmed. Everyone was dead and so I started kiting the horde of zombies in the help room and keeping them on fire - their immense amount of health rendered the ray gun totally useless. Here's some photos of the zombie disco:

After reducing the horde of zombies to nil, the other players came back for another shot in wave 48. Unfortunately, at that point, one of our players, rodani, got disconnected.

Radoni - 97.3% headshots!

In wave 49, everyone died except for Shilo, but he was able to finish off the group of zombies by kiting them around and blowing off their heads with just the Double barrel shotgun!

At last, weary from way too many zombies, and aching from sitting in the same position - we were all eaten alive.

Percentages of headshot kills:
thayneq: 94.8%
ShiloBuff: 95.0%
Narziss: 92.1%

Thanks to everyone for a great round - Good night!

Last edited by Narziss; 11-29-2009 at 12:27 PM.
11-29-2009, 02:24 AM
i have taught you well shilo in the force of the shotgun lol

want to play COD? Can't find people? Join us at Cod Chat and start popping some zombie heads

11-29-2009, 02:25 AM
cool stuff, now thats a lot of zombies! The farthest I made it was 21 but I only play once every couple days.
11-29-2009, 02:29 AM
wow! that's like Crazy Bada**ery!

Founder of Sgarrista Air Brigade
Devs, if you want reviews click here!
Yep, I'm a Brony
PSN: AeroFlare7221
11-29-2009, 02:41 AM
apparently Chibi-Zed claims to have made it to wave 64, he has screens

Yep, I'm a Brony
11-29-2009, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0130j03 View Post
apparently Chibi-Zed claims to have made it to wave 64, he has screens
I wonder if we would have ever lost had we stayed in the main room - waves 20 through 46 all felt nearly identical and extremely easy, which is why we left for the help room after it was getting boring.

The zombies could keep getting more health with each wave, but we could continue to headshot them just the same.

I could imagine a patient player kiting the zombies around and staying alive for a long time. Wave 64 is impressive!
11-29-2009, 02:59 AM
I wonder if i could a game with you guys sometime, but just a warning, i don't get much headshots

Yep, I'm a Brony
11-29-2009, 03:16 AM
Cool Stuff, I hope I could play sometime with you guys

We Rule ID: Sclerosis
Godfinger ID: Elkas
OpenFeint/Gameloft Live/Astro Ranch ID: Elkas
11-29-2009, 03:59 AM
Send a message via AIM to RKRigney
What control scheme were you using? I've been using the accelerometer controls...
11-29-2009, 04:44 AM
Yeah, it felt like we could go on forever. I use dual stick which i prefer.

Something I noticed with headshots is: the auto-aim feature doesn't help very much and the headshots only counted when the zombie was near the center of my view.

So instead of aiming with the right stick, i would just shuffle left and right, and I could headshot pretty quick. But with an M1, It was still hard to get large headshot streaks.

Narziss was able to pull off more then 40 headshots in a row using the zoom/aim button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narziss View Post
Percentages of headshot kills:
thayneq: 83.9%
ShiloBuff: 95.0%
Narziss: 92.1%
Thayneq: 94.8%

Last edited by Shilo; 11-29-2009 at 04:52 AM.