★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Does anyone know a good Multiplayer Game with high replay value?

11-29-2009, 08:06 AM
Does anyone know a good Multiplayer Game with high replay value?

Does anyone know a good Multiplayer FPS to tide me over for a while? Any good console type shooters that I may have missed? Please don't say Call of Duty Zombies. $9.99 for one map is ridiculous.
11-29-2009, 08:09 AM
Eliminate. MC:S/Nova when they come out/with multiplayer. (If their multiplayer is good.)

11-29-2009, 08:11 AM
lots of multiplayer games i heard have lots of problems with cheaters..

eliminate has this problem?
11-29-2009, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmutiny View Post
Does anyone know a good Multiplayer FPS to tide me over for a while? Any good console type shooters that I may have missed? Please don't say Call of Duty Zombies. $9.99 for one map is ridiculous.
CoD: Zombies (sorry). Even with one map, it's the best multiplayer experience
on the platform

Eliminate (even without spending $ on credits)

iFPS (haven't played it, but it's supposed to be OK)

There's an excellent online game guide in the user review section.

Last edited by squarezero; 11-29-2009 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Question was just about online FPS
11-29-2009, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustbyte View Post
lots of multiplayer games i heard have lots of problems with cheaters..

eliminate has this problem?
Supposedly, yes, though I haven't played enough to see it. The game uses the Quake 3 engine, which has known exploits. The developers are supposed to be closing the loopholes on the next version.
11-29-2009, 08:35 AM
It doesn't matter if its only 1 map..its online co-op, and its sick.
[CoD]
11-29-2009, 08:50 AM
I still enjoy iMech every now and then...
11-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
CoD: Zombies (sorry). Even with one map, it's the best multiplayer experience
on the platform

Eliminate (even without spending $ on credits)

iFPS (haven't played it, but it's supposed to be OK)

There's an excellent online game guide in the user review section.
Someone actually recommended iFPS?!? HAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!! That game was awful and just extremely buggy. Plus NO ONE plays and it's just not fun compared to today's games. Eliminate blows this game out of the water. I tried it and I just lagged IMMENSELY and then it crashed on me. Plus the controls were almost unusable.

Now, I have to be the next obligatory person to suggest Eliminate (it's free, why not) and Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies. Even though I can't get online with my current connection, I still find that Zombies has a ton of replay, even on one map. I got to play online once, and despite the amounts of lag (I'm on a 1g, so it's to be expected), I still found it to be a ton of fun. It's just as much fun as playing the PC or Console version with someone, which is just way too much fun. It's worth the price of World at War alone. Just waiting on that Verruckt map now...

Also, for a game this good, $9.99 is actually a pretty reasonable price. Trust me, if you get it, you won't be mad with yourself if you like shooters or survival games in the least. I felt it to be a bit much, but when I learned it was an exact recreation of the full Nacht der Untoten map, I couldn't pass it up. Glad I didn't. Verruckt is on the way and it will hopefully be a low price, or they will lower the price by then. The online co-op is one of the best experiences I've had playing a game on my iPod too, just go buy it the next time you get a gift card.

Last edited by Somerandomdude; 11-29-2009 at 11:33 AM.
11-29-2009, 11:32 AM
COD is so worth 9.99
It is obvious you havent played the console version. One map lasts you like 30 hours.
11-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Just get COD: Zombies.
Best multiplayer game on iPhone for sure, even with just one map it still has tons of replay value (and they are also going to add more maps as DLC).
Eliminate on the other hand IS a rip-off.

Hakuna Matata