★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Block Breaker Deluxe

09-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Block Breaker Deluxe

Has any one tried it? It seems like a solid game from the screenshots, but I was just wondering what people on the forums thought.
09-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Amazing. A must have. Kinds wish I didn't get super breakout, this blows it out of the water. Better then most games so far in general.
09-25-2008, 08:35 PM
I'd have to agree with Reformat, Super Breakout just doesn't have the pacing that is fun that Block Breaker 2 Deluxe has.

Matt
09-25-2008, 09:11 PM
Wow. I bought it and I must say I'm blown away. This game is very fast paced with tons of powerups, and it really makes the classic fun again.
09-26-2008, 02:55 AM
Most Gameloft games are of high quality and so is this. It just makes pure fun to play and there are only very minor quirks:

- Like in every Gameloft game it features what I call the "Gameloft style", which means large blocky fonts, the use of a glass/plastic/crystal feeling, very bright colors. Love it or hate it .

- They offer a way to listen to the iPod music, but this will completely disable the game music *and* sound effects. You cannot listen to your own iPod music while still keeping the game sound effects. This happens on every Gameloft game.

- It's sometimes hard to see the ball between all items and explosions. However, you don't loose life, but money, which I think is a good concept. And you earn money with every level.

- The store shows you all items, even if you don't have enough money/stars to buy them.