★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Why are females better at games vs. males?

11-29-2009, 07:07 PM
#1
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 300
Why are females better at games vs. males?

I knew this would grab the attention of just about every person on here. The point is neither male nor female is better at playing games. There just happen to be more males that play games (or who admit to playing). Hopefully the men of TA can be more accepting of females and welcome them vs. attempt to challenge every single word they say. If the men have anything to say I would greatly welcome any thoughts.
11-29-2009, 07:09 PM
#2
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: At that place... with those... people...
Posts: 1,195
Thank you for clearing that up.

OMG. Double Rainbow!
User ID: Gryphon23 Agon: Gman23
"Birthday Cake, is just Birthday Cake without a little gravy..." Gravy makes EVERYTHING better.

11-29-2009, 07:10 PM
#3
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: 31.560499, -111.904128
Posts: 7,471
In answer to your question:

Females have a time peroid between cleaning the house and washing up to play games in. They get more practice.



Only joking btw

Hakuna Matata
11-29-2009, 07:12 PM
#4
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claridosa View Post
I knew this would grab the attention of just about every person on here. The point is neither male nor female is better at playing games. There just happen to be more males that play games (or who admit to playing). Hopefully the men of TA can be more accepting of females and welcome them vs. attempt to challenge every single word they say. If the men have anything to say I would greatly welcome any thoughts.
Claridosa FTW. That's all I have to say since I'm not a sexist, and being a man this topic did catch my eye. You make a good point - men do admit to playing games a lot more readily then women, but I haven't really seen women's statements being challenged here on TA.
11-29-2009, 07:17 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 339
Yeah, it's not that males are better, it's just that some people are better than other people at games, and with the majority of gamers being dudes, the odds are stacked in their favor.

That said, my girlfriend plays games, and I kick her butt at just about everything! Except for Soul Calibur.

11-29-2009, 07:21 PM
#6
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitskater6 View Post
Yeah, it's not that males are better, it's just that some people are better than other people at games, and with the majority of gamers being dudes, the odds are stacked in their favor.
Agreed !

My YouTube Review Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/iLykeApps

Plus+: RachelF
11-29-2009, 07:41 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunning View Post
Claridosa FTW. That's all I have to say since I'm not a sexist, and being a man this topic did catch my eye. You make a good point - men do admit to playing games a lot more readily then women, but I haven't really seen women's statements being challenged here on TA.
+1 Claridosa and Jeff. Guys talk about gaming a lot while some women just don't talk about it but doesn't mean they aren't playing. I have a few female friends who are into gaming but it's not a major point of the conversation, they don't go on gaming forums, it's just something they may email to each other about or in passing. It really depends. Another friend, she is big time into games, visits the forums and is always chatting about a new Xbox, PS3, DS or idevice game etc.

If you look at the what games women like thread and the Girls of T.A. social group, I would hope males would catch up and realize women have been gaming since the beginning. Yes, men have been more vocal about it. It's getting much better now though for female gamers.

Of course no one can say what gender is better at any game because everyone is an individual.
11-29-2009, 07:46 PM
#8
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,509
It's kind of a social stereotype. Guys are the slobs that play video games while drinking beer and ordering pizza. Chicks... not so much. There is a group of girls at my school though that go nuts with CoD, Halo, and nazi zombies. It's strange and fascinating at the same time Girls are definitely fun to play a round of Halo or Soul Calibur with, though. They add a dimension to the game.
11-29-2009, 07:48 PM
#9
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: State of Hysteria
Posts: 1,487
Send a message via AIM to RankoSao
I am proud to say i'm both female, and a hardcore gamer. Ive been gaming since the NES days!
11-29-2009, 07:50 PM
#10
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 9,125
Ginababe kicked my ass in Eliminate yesterday, so what you say makes sense =(

back

Last edited by The Bat Outta Hell; 11-29-2009 at 07:54 PM.