★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What FLASH-game should be ported to the IPhone?

11-30-2009, 12:58 AM
What FLASH-game should be ported to the IPhone?

Originality is my middle name.

I haven't played all that many flash games, but I'd say:
Sonny
Age of War (with added features)
The Last Stand (with added features)

I mean, ArmorGames has brought the Shift series over to the IPhone (at least, it's credited to ArmorGames). I'd love to see some of these brought over. Especially Sonny. And Sonny 2. Yeah.
11-30-2009, 01:01 AM
Love the originality

and Attack from the Dead is almost the same as the last stand.

Playing: Blades of Fury, Dungeon Hunter, Shrek Karts (dont judge me), Hybrid: Eternal Whisper, and Hook Champ

Waiting for: SEED, Plants vs. Zombies, Full version of Puzzlequest, and a decent mmorpg

11-30-2009, 01:05 AM
If you don't already know in 2010 flash games will be able to be directly ported to the iPhone without being recoded. Not in safari but the app store. I think that this would be bad because many great hits came from flash games. Ex. I dig it, flight control, cube runner, and many more.

My Twitter: pcmaster160
Future Games Developers - Website - Twitter
11-30-2009, 01:05 AM
And age of war is already there.

But really, N or Trials bike would by my vote.
11-30-2009, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
If you don't already know in 2010 flash games will be able to be directly ported to the iPhone without being recoded. Not in safari but the app store. I think that this would be bad because many great hits came from flash games. Ex. I dig it, flight control, cube runner, and many more.
woh thats pretty gangster

Playing: Blades of Fury, Dungeon Hunter, Shrek Karts (dont judge me), Hybrid: Eternal Whisper, and Hook Champ

Waiting for: SEED, Plants vs. Zombies, Full version of Puzzlequest, and a decent mmorpg
11-30-2009, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noman View Post
And age of war is already there.
Oh, I'm referring to a different one. I don't think the one there even was a Flash game.

And wow, that importing thing seems to be a good and bad concept. A lot of the apps in the app store are flash game quality, so to be able to get those kinds of games for free would really annihilate the hopes and dreams of many individual developers.

Then again, it would raise th standards.
Thanks for telling me, by the way.
11-30-2009, 01:21 AM
Realistically, it won't be possible to directly port most of the classics, and many of them won't be. Reasons include (but not limited to) different resolutions, different input schemes, differences in mouse vs. touch, etc... ) It's non-trivial to directly port most existing Flash games. I don't think it will make much impact.
11-30-2009, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by downhill_demon View Post
woh thats pretty gangster
haha well said.

That 2010 stuff he speaks of is ballin.
11-30-2009, 01:36 AM
Send a message via AIM to RankoSao
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbname View Post
haha well said.

That 2010 stuff he speaks of is ballin.