★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tic A Tac Poker

01-08-2009, 01:27 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Tic A Tac Poker

Stumbled across this today: Tic A Tac Poker ($1.99)

Basically you assemble 3-card poker hands across a tic tac toe grid. It plays pretty good and is a polished & complete app.

Reminds me of two other great games I found in this forum (thanks to Carlos-Sz for the heads-up). Like Pick21 and Lucky 11's, it's really good for short (or long) gaming bursts.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dev or a beta tester - just a happy gamer. I've discovered many great games here in the TA forums, just trying to return the favor.
01-08-2009, 02:04 AM
I agree with you juicy.

It's a nice game so far with an unique mix of tic-a-tac and poker.

Draw Poker is my favorite game mode right now. You build a hand and if you win you can pick one of your cards to use in the tic-a-tac interface. If CPU wins then it'll place one of its card there. CPU does not make points but it can ruin your play. This mode has a strategic touch: you have to build your poker hand considering what cards are in the tic-a-tac board. It's interesting to say the least.

PROS
- 3 games (2 of them with up to 4 variations)
- Nice graphics with easy to read cards along with back and front options
- Online profile & high score
- Clear instructions
- Good sound (you can turn off), no music
- You can resume

CONS
- The "HOLD" mark is too subtle (I like when "Hold" is placed over the card)
- It could include simple Statistics along with high score (like MotionX Poker)

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
01-08-2009, 02:14 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Spot-on review!
01-08-2009, 12:07 PM
I am quite impressed with Tic A Tac Poker thus far. I also prefer Draw Poker at this point, though all three of them are fun in there own way. Poker Challenge is by far the hardest game mode, as you must build requested hands for each level before time runs out.

The fact that the game implements an online leaderboard and a robust community based forum area makes the game even cooler.

Since I do enjoy my puzzlers and card games, I would say Tic A Tac Poker is one of the more addictive games I have tried out recently.