★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: EMBLEM v1.0 hits the AppStore [$0.99 Sale]

11-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Send a message via AIM to Nerophon
EMBLEM v1.0 hits the AppStore [$0.99 Sale]

TEASER:

Youtube link | Pop Up

GAMEPLAY:

Youtube link | Pop Up

APP INFO:

Take a look at Emblem here.

Enjoy! Please let me know of any issues or if you have any comments

REVIEWERS! Want to write something about Emblem?

Grab these promo codes while they're good

PTYKJPL3LJ7K
KYLRLJLAP7ER
FY34WHNMXNK9
PJR3NYPMTY6M
3K39KTHMKH6L
FKXWA3KEKPL4
FJEEP7FA6ARN
LATHMYKRRHHK

Nicholas Bellerophon
Epic Tilt

Last edited by Nerophon; 11-30-2009 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Adding AppInfo I hope...
11-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Picked up PTYKJPL3LJ7K-thanks!

11-30-2009, 02:40 PM
I got KYLRLJLAP7ER, thanks!
11-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Used LATHMYKRRHHK

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
11-30-2009, 02:43 PM
got FY34WHNMXNK9 thanks!
11-30-2009, 02:46 PM
FJEEP7FA6ARN thx alot! Can't wait to try!
11-30-2009, 04:00 PM
They actually start out pretty easy – the puzzles that is, simple even. – Well that’s just to coax you in. Be course soon after you get the chalice symbol, the puzzles start getting … well tough! – And when you start having more than one page of symbols to deal with, you get this "Argh" feeling from time to time - But it’s fun though. - Definitely a cool approach to a puzzler.

It’s hard to describe the graphics in this game... It’s sort of a mix of fluid 3D and 2D comics, but it works rather well. – Don’t know about the blue cat though – But no; everything is really beautiful, from the symbol collection to the puzzles and the characters. – Really quite obvious that some tender lovin’ have been poured into this one.

Okay, I have a few gripes, seriously, you need gripes right? - There’s so much cool graphics in this game, how come those green puzzles looks like something made in bitmap and then enlarged until breaking point? Heh, well, it is just a very little gripe then... Music is so beautiful and fitting, - and you definitely have this Arabian nights feeling going on while you play.

There’s a really good instructions section, and I highly recommend skimming it before beginning, but it’s not a really difficult game to pick up and play, quite the contrary. – It can be rather difficult putting it down though – Currently there’s 50 levels in 5 worlds to sink your teeth into, which should keep you busy for some hours at the very least…

Local and global highscores is more or less a given in great games these days, this one is no different. – They seem to be of the Epic Tilt homemade kind, but very nicely integrated nonetheless. Perfecting your puzzles in so few moves and so on, is the name of the game here.

EMBLEM comes with a $0.99 price tag, which is probably about right. I couldn’t see anyone buying this at $1.99 complaining either though, so quite a good deal. This really is a no-brainer; if you want a fresh approach to a puzzler, this would be a great way to go about it. I definitely recommend this one!
12-03-2009, 10:36 AM
I bought it. And when I run it, it shows the epictilt splash, and then it drops me right back to my home screen. Really? Gosh I'd like to play it, especially since I bought it X_X

Tried the lite version, same problem.

Any help?
12-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaviar View Post
I bought it. And when I run it, it shows the epictilt splash, and then it drops me right back to my home screen. Really? Gosh I'd like to play it, especially since I bought it X_X

Any help?
This happens to me a few times when i'm trying a new app. Just try turning the ipod / iphone off for a short while, then turning it back on. Then try booting up the game. Should work fine afterwards
12-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Send a message via AIM to Nerophon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaviar View Post

Any help?

Thanks for the bug report Xaviar. I have had a couple of cases reported of a crash on launch bug but have so far been unable to replicate it.

Can you please post your device model/generation and what iPhone OS you are currently running?

The game is built in the Unity Engine, so from an engineering standpoint it should work well under most conditions. However, I should point out that the game also uses some Apple functionality that requires OS 2.2.1 and above, and has only been tested on devices using that OS or higher.

I do hope I can find a way to help you enjoy the game though, and thank you for your enthusiasm!

-Nick Bellerophon
Epic Tilt