★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ground Effect or Jet Car Stunts?

11-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Ground Effect or Jet Car Stunts?

Hello everyone!
I'm currently looking for a racing game. I've got my eye on Ground effect & Jet car stunts, but I'm not sure which to go for. Does anybody have any recomendations?
I've previously had Real Racing and Crash Kart, so I was looking for something a little different.

Feedback much appreciated

Ell

Add me on Game Center - EIIIOT
Massive Outwitters and Jetpack Joyride fan
11-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Jet Car Stunts hands down.

Except it isn't a racing game as in you compete against others, but instead you try and make it through massive, insane levels or do a time trial round a track.

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3

11-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Ground Effect hands down.

I'm sure most people will say that Jet Car Stunts is better, but that is because it is more known than Ground Effect.

Ground effect is far underrated IMO.

And if it's something different that you are looking for, go for Ground Effect - I guarentee that you have never played anything remotely like it before.

Hakuna Matata
11-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Ground Effect is a really cool racing game. The graphics and draw distance are really good, and the mechanics of the vehicle are more complicated than you expect. Not only do you have to manage the turning left and right, but you have to make sure your craft doesn't bottom out at inconvenient moments causing you to crash into the ground. The hovercraft mechanic gives a really unique racing experience, allowing you to execute some really cool moves to navigate the tracks. Also there is a full replay for the last race you did for each track, which you can take over at any point to improve your time. I beta tested the game, and its my favourite racing game on the platform. For $1.99 its a great deal. I haven't played jet car, but ground effect is a great racer.

⚓ Front Page Tug Boat Naturalist
Plus+/OF/GC: arhb
Beta Tested: Shrapnel, Pocket Creatures, NovaRift, Zlider, Lunarcy, Kingpin, Nanomechs, Ground Effect, Geared, Twilight Golf, Finger Physics, DJ Nights.

Last edited by arhb; 11-30-2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Got the price wrong
11-30-2009, 03:15 PM
A quick question:
I was looking at the screen shots for Jet Car Stunts and the controls look very confusing. Can anybody tell me a little bit about them?
Also, is Ground Effect tilt to steer and touch to accelerate/ brake?

11-30-2009, 03:16 PM
ground effect is nice but jet car stunts is way more different and way more fun.
Jet Car Stunts no contest

My favorite game is doodle army, so check out the awesome game's twitter
11-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeldomSeenKid View Post
A quick question:
I was looking at the screen shots for Jet Car Stunts and the controls look very confusing. Can anybody tell me a little bit about them?
Also, is Ground Effect tilt to steer and touch to accelerate/ brake?
Ground Effect has an automatic acceleration, tilt to steer, with buttons to boost and brake. The boost is depleted and refills with successful passing of points within the world. Its a free roaming racer, and you can actually take short cuts to get the fastest time on the tracks.

⚓ Front Page Tug Boat Naturalist
Plus+/OF/GC: arhb
Beta Tested: Shrapnel, Pocket Creatures, NovaRift, Zlider, Lunarcy, Kingpin, Nanomechs, Ground Effect, Geared, Twilight Golf, Finger Physics, DJ Nights.
11-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arhb View Post
Ground Effect is a really cool racing game. The graphics and draw distance are really good, and the mechanics of the vehicle are more complicated than you expect. Not only do you have to manage the turning left and right, but you have to make sure your craft doesn't bottom out at inconvenient moments causing you to crash into the ground. The hovercraft mechanic gives a really unique racing experience, allowing you to execute some really cool moves to navigate the tracks. Also there is a full replay for the last race you did for each track, which you can take over at any point to improve your time. I beta tested the game, and its my favourite racing game on the platform. For 99 cents its a great deal. I haven't played jet car, but ground effect is a great racer.
Just to let you know, both are the same price in the UK- $2/ £1.19

11-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Jet Car Stunts. The level design is genius, and the game itself is an absolute blast. That's the one you should get. But be warned: There is a learning curve, but you can get through it with a bit of patience and practice.
11-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsharpfilm View Post
Jet Car Stunts. The level design is genius, and the game itself is an absolute blast. That's the one you should get. But be warned: There is a learning curve, but you can get through it with a bit of patience and practice.
ya i thought the game was hard until i learned how to get through them fast after like 30 mins

My favorite game is doodle army, so check out the awesome game's twitter