★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Sandbox
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 30.7 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: HOLIDAY UPDATE SALE!

"Best snowboarding game on the iPhone by far. You could waste money on a different game, but that would just be stupid."
- tehlearningcurve.com

Take on the role of an extreme snowboarder and shred down the slopes, grind rails and bust out huge aerial tricks. Score big to compete against your friends, or others from around the world.

The intuitive controls are easy to pick up and allow players to carve across the slopes with ease. Spin, flip and grab in the air like a real snowboarder. With stunning 3D graphics, realistic animation, and multiple action packed courses to compete on, Adrenaline Snowboarding is the ultimate snowboarding game for both snowboarders and gamers alike.

FEATURING:
- Multiple courses
- 5 unlockable characters including a gnarly looking robot!
- 15 unlockable snowboards
- Massive jumps
- Rail grinds
- Mid air grabs and tricks
- Intuitive tilt and touch screen controls
- Online high scores with custom leaderboards
- Adrenaline pumping soundtrack
- Listen to your iTunes music while you play
- New time trial mode
- Much more coming really soon!

www.sandboxsoftware.net

Sandbox's comments:
Sandbox Software is pleased to announce Adrenaline Snowboarding, our first title for iPhone!

Get it from the App Store now: Adrenaline Snowboarding

Take on the role of an extreme snowboarder and shred down the slopes, grind rails and bust out huge aerial tricks. Score big to compete against your friends, or others from around the world.

Features:
  • Multiple courses
  • Variety of characters including a gnarly looking robot!
  • Massive jumps
  • Rail grinds
  • Mid air grabs and tricks
  • Intuitive tilt and touch screen controls
  • Online high scores with custom leaderboards
  • Adrenaline pumping soundtrack
  • Listen to your iTunes music while you play
  • Much more coming really soon!

Update coming soon with:
  • Improved handling (thanks to everyone for the feedback!)
  • Two new Characters
  • Course Achievements
  • New time-trial game mode
  • New Board Selection Screen, with 15 new unlockable boards!

Follow us on twitter

Youtube link | Pop Up

For more information, check our site: http://www.sandboxsoftware.net/snowboarding/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adrenaline-snowboarding/id332216902?mt=8
11-30-2009, 11:35 PM
Yesss, So its finally out!
I've been waiting for this one

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

11-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Great looking game, some nice jumps
11-30-2009, 11:42 PM
Don't forget to follow us on twitter and we'll keep everyone up to date with releases.

http://twitter.com/sandboxsoftware/

-
cam @ sandbox
11-30-2009, 11:44 PM
Wow, It finally came out!
If you go to the app store it says:
Released Dec 07, 2009
12-01-2009, 12:00 AM
The framerate in the video looks to be lacking. Can anyone confirm whether or not it is better in game?
12-01-2009, 12:22 AM
The video was captured on a mac with some average capture software so it's not indicative of the actual framerate.

On the devices we've tested the framerate should be smooth, but if anyone has any issues let us know and we'll look into it.

Thanks-
cam @ sandbox
12-01-2009, 12:28 AM
You an Australian developer?

Looks good by the way.

add me
GameCenter ID :shap08
Gameloft ID :shap
12-01-2009, 12:30 AM
Actually, I just took a punt and downloaded it. Framerate as it happens, is fine, but a lot of other things need work. First and foremost the 'feel' is all wrong. It does not feel like you are shredding snow but rather "floating" above it...or even worse, "dangling." No collision detection with trees. Only 3 riders. Only 3 tracks.

Edit: should add that while actually in the air, the grabs and such are fine and feel nice and fluid. Spins and flips are a little problematic to pull off as swiping the screen feels a little slow and awkward. Also, no crashes? The rider seems to just stumble a little and slow down even if he lands square on his head.

In any case, it's on the ground that this game really needs to be improved most.

Last edited by Gabrien; 12-01-2009 at 12:37 AM.
12-01-2009, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Actually, I just took a punt and downloaded it. Framerate as it happens, is fine, but a lot of other things need work. First and foremost the 'feel' is all wrong. It does not feel like you are shredding snow but rather "floating" above it...or even worse, "dangling." No collision detection with trees. Only 3 riders. Only 3 tracks.

Edit: should add that while actually in the air, the grabs and such are fine and feel nice and fluid. Spins and flips are a little problematic to pull off as swiping the screen feels a little slow and awkward. Also, no crashes? The rider seems to just stumble a little and slow down even if he lands square on his head.

In any case, it's on the ground that this game really needs to be improved most.
I agree -- Crazy Snowboard seems a lot more polished. I like the variety of the courses (including some that involve a bit of platforming), but there are all sorts of glitches with the graphics and physics engine -- from going up nearly vertical surfaces to being able to snowboard off the course and skirting the edge of nothingness (with just a big blue field on the other side). I'll be charitable and say it's promising but unfinished.

A couple more things: it's not clear how to stop a spin once you start it, so actually landing the trick is a bit of a crapshoot. There are grinding surfaces everywhere, but they don't seem to give you any points if you get on them.

Last edited by squarezero; 12-01-2009 at 12:43 AM.