★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: SciFly update killed turn controls

01-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
SciFly update killed turn controls

Why would they release an update that disables turning left or right? Where is the quality control?? I hope they update this update soon since it's an otherwise nice update...outside of completely butchering the controls.
01-08-2009, 10:52 AM
What exactly is wrong? I can turn fine. I tilt to turn left/right and climb/dive, and the left and right buttons adjust yaw.

01-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Reinstalling (there goes all of my hours of progress) did the trick.
01-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Send a message via AIM to jshmrsn
Hello,
I am the developer of SciFly. I've submitted an update to Apple which fixed this problem. Until it gets accepted, I've posted a fix to Licentia's website.
www.licentiasoftware.com

Sorry that this reply is so short, typing in class from iPhone.

Thanks,
Josh Rosen
01-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Deleting it does do the trick. And now that it's working again, I should tell you the game is a lot more fun than before with some great sound and smooth controls.
01-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshmrsn View Post
Hello,
I am the developer of SciFly. I've submitted an update to Apple which fixed this problem. Until it gets accepted, I've posted a fix to Licentia's website.
www.licentiasoftware.com

Sorry that this reply is so short, typing in class from iPhone.

Thanks,
Josh Rosen

Hi, Josh. I've heard that you are a high school age developer. I think you have a bright future ahead of you, thanks for all your hard work, and best of luck!

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
01-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the heads up. This is why I love these forums.

I've been away for awhile, but I'm back.
01-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
I got the update, but I haven't played it yet. So, there's really no issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Hi, Josh. I've heard that you are a high school age developer. I think you have a bright future ahead of you, thanks for all your hard work, and best of luck!
Wow, is that true??? That's incredible if it is! :S I'm in high school and I can't even describe how awesome that is.

There are so many interesting people on TA...

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
01-09-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't suppose the levels last any longer do they? To me, the only weakness of this game is it's brevity. I wish it would at least pop you into another level once you complete one instead going back to the main menu.
01-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Send a message via AIM to jshmrsn
Hi,
Just wanted to drop by and say that 1.4 has been released and that I'm looking to get confirmation by users as to its effectiveness at solving these problems.

Also... Yup, I am in High School, 17. I try to be as professional as possible, but these bugs certainly haven't been a shining example of that. Thanks for your interest in SciFly, can't wait to provide everyone with even better games soon!