★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Now is the time to get in on the Redneck Ragdoll flinging action!

iHurt is a new and exciting cartoon style action game for the iPhone and iPod Touch. It's full of serious laughter, cartoon antics, fun and plenty of HURT!

Steer your character down Mt. Spinebreaker while hitting as many objects as possible in your quest to rack up the largest hospital bill in the history of the iHurt Championships! Perfect your scoring lines and path through the level to maximize your hospital bill. Can you take home the gold?

iHurt Features
* Cartoon style gameplay, like Saturday morning cartoons of yesteryear
* Extreme Ragdoll Physics
* Funny VO and Character impact reactions
* 5 iHurt Championship Levels, 1 Bonus Level and more being built for future updates
* Scoring Multipliers, TNT, Beehive, Pumpkin Bombs and Bat Nest objects to help amplify the pain
* 3 Unique Characters with many more to come
* OpenFeint Integration
* World-wide Online Leaderboards
* Award Challenges (Achievements)
* Brag to your friends on Facebook and Twitter
* Tilt Control Calibration - Set the tilt controls to your liking to achieve the highest scores!

***NOTE***
iHurt uses your device's accelerometer for control. We at Mad Monkey Militia highly recommend you take a moment before playing to calibrate the tilt controls and sensitivity for your device to your liking.

On 1st Gen devices we recommend restarting your device after downloading the game before playing it for the first time to ensure the best performance.

Stay Up To Date
Become a fan of "Mad Monkey Militia" on Facebook and "@MMMGames" on Twitter to stay up to date with the latest Mad Monkey Militia & iHurt news.

Future Updates
The Mad Monkey Militia crew is hard at work on the 3rd update to iHurt. Be on the lookout in the next couple months and all throughout 2010 for:
* Even More Characters
* More Levels and New Level Themes
* New Game Types like Ragdoll Bowling
* More Awards
* More HURT!

Your 5 Star reviews keep the content coming...

Gameplay Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/MadMonkeyMilitia

Check out Crazy Mike's Video review of iHurt as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gITD8PVp2g

"The audio is quite polished in all aspects. The sound effects and voiceovers are absolutely hilarious and quite clear." -PocketFullOfApps.com

eggzbacon's comments:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 30, 2009

Fuquay Varina, NC Mad Monkey Militia Announces their first game iHurt for the iPhone and iPod Touch has shipped to the App Store.

iHurt is a new and exciting cartoon style action game available now on the App Store for the iPhone and iPod Touch. It's full of serious laughter, cartoon antics, large doses of fun and plenty of HURT! The game takes place in a cartoon universe where your character's success is measured by how much 'Hurt' they can inflict on themselves in the name of physical slapstick cartoon comedy.

With all the talk of Obamacare and rising healthcare costs, everyone can take a break from all the medical worries and vent their frustrations in iHurt. Steer your character down Mt. Spinebreaker while hitting as many objects as possible in your quest to rack up the largest hospital bill in the history of the iHurt Championships!

iHurt Features
* Cartoon style gameplay, like the Saturday morning cartoons of yesteryear
* Extreme ragdoll physics
* Funny VO and character impact reactions

* Intuitive and adjustable tilt controls (Accelerometer)
* 3 iHurt Championship levels to play, future updates to add more
* Run your character into TNT and Beehives for scoring multipliers to bring the HURT!
* 2 hilarious cartoon characters with more to come
* Full Agon Online Integration
* Compete to place on 4 World-wide Online Leaderboards
* Unlock 52 Awards by completing iHurt Gamplay Challenges (Achievements)
* Brag about your high scores and game achievements on Facebook and Twitter

The Mad Monkey Militia crew promises updates to iHurt in the form of the following.
* More Characters
* More Levels
* More Game Types
* More Awards
* and of course More HURT!

Visit Mad Monkey Militia online at www.madmonkeymilitia.com, on their blog at http://madmonkeymilitia.blogspot.com/ and follow them on Twitter at @MMMGames.

About Mad Monkey Militia

Mad Monkey Militia was founded by three lifelong gamers who have worked in the games industry together at various studios throughout the last 13 years. Three Friends that are coming together with a shared belief that it is time for a revolution in game development. We are a company that remembers the fast, fun and simple games. Games that are easy to pick up and hard to put down. We enjoy creating our own original titles and are actively embracing digital distribution as a way of getting our games to the masses without all the hassles of boxed game publishing. Simply put, from our concepts to you playing the games we build, we believe that all the barriers between devs and players should be brought down.

About AGON Online

AGON Online is a complete social platform for iPhone games developed by Aptocore. Aptocore's background is high-end, multi-platform game technology development for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PSP and PC.
12-01-2009, 02:00 AM
iHurt Kick-Off Promo Code Contest! 10 codes up for grabs!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=35089

Check out the link to get the details on entering!

Randy Greenback - Design Monkey - Game Developer
iPhone Games: iHurt - DragonEye - iHurt Lite - SpiritPad Remote
iPad Games: DragonEye HD - SpiritPad: The Oracle
Mad Monkey Militia Games - Twitter - Facebook

12-01-2009, 10:46 AM
I picked this up and it is okay.

There are only two characters and three levels but there are trophies and online leaderboards.

The basics are, your character falls (slides) from the top of a mountain and you tilt the device to hit as many things a possible. There are bombs, trees, trees with bees ect to hit as well as coins to collect. There is a nudge feature where you can shake your device to move your character a little more. You can nudge your character everytime the nudge meter fills up.

Courses are long but not too long and there are plenty of things to hit on the way down. I do wish the nudge feature allowed you to grab your character and fling them as I am not a fan of the current method. Graphics look okay but are nothing special.

2.5/5
12-31-2009, 05:23 PM
Major iHurt Update coming soon! Early 2010!

The Mad Monkey Militia Crew is hard at work putting on the finishing touches for the 1st big iHurt update!

We're cramming in tons of content for everyone to enjoy! Including, but not limited to...

New Levels!
2 new levels using the Cemetary Hill content pack

A Brand New Character!
Undead Disco Ned is here to get down! Tossed Down the hill that is...

More Awards
Unlock even more Agon Online awards

New Game Mode/Bonus Levels
New unlockable bonus levels to challenge your Ragdoll flinging skills on.

Many other upgrades and improvements!
  • By popular demand we're adding a Flick controlled Nudge option so you can fling your chosen characters into objects as you roll down the hill. For fans of the accelerometer controls for Nudging, you'll be able to shake them into things as well.
  • Shadows under characters
  • Updating to the latest version of Agon Online
  • UI improvements
  • Plus many other minor updates and additions

iHurt is back on sale at just 99 cents, and it's all to celebrate the New Year!

DragonEye is FREE at the moment and will be until end of the day tomorrow. Be sure to get them both while the getting is good!!!

There is even more Hurt coming in 2010. This update will only be the first of many!

Enjoy!

-Randy

Randy Greenback - Design Monkey - Game Developer
iPhone Games: iHurt - DragonEye - iHurt Lite - SpiritPad Remote
iPad Games: DragonEye HD - SpiritPad: The Oracle
Mad Monkey Militia Games - Twitter - Facebook
12-31-2009, 05:26 PM
wow thank you for the update. been looking for this new character. if you guys havent got this, it's time to get it. it's extremely addicting.
01-08-2010, 07:34 PM
The game looks fun but I'm assuming no elements of the levels are randomized for each run?

I think it would be fun if there were some levels with many of the objects/power-ups placed randomly on each run.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Great idea. We will look at doing something like that in a future update. Putting the finishing touches on update 1 at the moment. Hopefully won't be too much longer. Keep the ideas coming!

Chris.
Mad Monkey Militia
01-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyVox View Post
Great idea. We will look at doing something like that in a future update. Putting the finishing touches on update 1 at the moment. Hopefully won't be too much longer. Keep the ideas coming!

Chris.
Mad Monkey Militia
No problem, and since some folk may like their levels fixed I figure you could make the randomness optional or separate levels.

My iTunes Reviews
01-14-2010, 03:36 AM
I bought the game for $1.99 and have found it well worth it

Is it just me or does this dude...

..look alot like one of my all-time favorite actors Mr. Steve Buscemi?

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
01-14-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
I bought the game for $1.99 and have found it well worth it

Is it just me or does this dude...

..look alot like one of my all-time favorite actors Mr. Steve Buscemi?
Oh you mean does he look, "strange in a general sort of way", you betcha!

My iTunes Reviews