★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

I Dig It Expedition (general discussion)

12-01-2009, 12:58 AM
I Dig It Expedition (general discussion)

... any takers?

I've been in love with the original since it was released, and when I saw this out I could hardly wait to get my hands on it.

I've played for a few hours and still haven't finished the initial level Antarctica. This HAS to be the best adventure game on the iPhone so far.

I actually love how deep you get to dig in this one. It feels so claustrophobic and Wellsian.

For those playing it, any thoughts? Strategies you generally use for not getting lost/landing yourself between a rock and a hard place? :P
12-01-2009, 01:01 AM
I just got this one. Havent played it much but played the old one and games like it on the internet. My best strategy is to dig one long straight line down then have a couple of lines that branch off. Usually bring a lot of dynamite and extra gas so i can get back up
12-01-2009, 09:12 PM
I find that I try and do the opposite, sort of. I try and dig horizontal lines and work out a grid sort of system, with one or two main vertical tunnels leading back to the surface. It really only gets a little difficult when there are obstacles that you can't dynamite your way through (like in the Expedition level 1 walls).

Although the new map function is a GODSEND. I actually don't remember how I ever got along without it.

This just in: The oceanic level terrifies the SHIT out of me. As IF I have to worry aboot oxygen levels now! No more idling away while I consider a plan of attack! Eep!