★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Patriots unite! Prepare for a battle worthy of the history books in Dictator Defense as you work to defend your homeland against fierce and hilarious enemies.

Hold your ground through 40 levels of insanity and against 4 crazy dictators spanning the globe. Each boss crazier and more nationalistic than the next, they will send wave after wave of relentless attackers to break down your defenses and plant their own flag in your precious territory. In a tough spot? Dont fear, just call upon your hero to help you on your path to victory. Prepare to fight! Viva le resistance!

Fight four different megalomaniacal dictators.
40 levels across 4 different regions, each with their own boss battle.
Set up your defenses with soldiers, dynamite, flame-thrower and more!
7 fierce enemy units to battle against.
Call upon your hero when the going gets tough
Banks and parachutes of cash keep your income flowing
iTunes: play your own tracks while playing the game (OS 3.0 and up feature)

STILL NOT SURE? Try the Free Version

Check out DChocs hottest games: Crazy Penguin Catapult, 3D Rollercoaster Rush, 3D Mini Golf Challenge, Tower Bloxx Deluxe 3D, 3D Brick Breaker Revolution and Millionaire City.

Get updated with Digital Chocolates latest product, promos and game tips! Visit us on Facebook, MySpace, YouTube and Twitter! Find us FAST by searching for dchoc.

All trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.

caubetocdaido's comments:

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dictator-defense-free/id341008872?mt=8
12-01-2009, 04:38 AM
there's no lite?

OpenFeint/Agon: Waward
Plus+: Ward
Beta Tester for Minigore & Katchup!

12-01-2009, 08:29 AM

As most of DC games it has lots of loading time which is annoying.

The music is simple and also annoying but the game has an option for iPOD music.

The gameplay reminds Plants vs. Zombies including the way you earn credits to purchase weapons.

It can’t resume.

I’d wait Plants vs. Zombies.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
12-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks Carlos for the brave act.
12-01-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by sic View Post
there's no lite?
Happens to a lot of Digital Chocolate games of late - they say they have a lite in the description yet they don't. They might have a template they use for the description and forget to edit it out until its available, I know they have a lot of lites for their games but I would like to try a lite of this one first. And still waiting for the Christmas Catapult Penguins lite too, to see if its different enough that I want a third version of the same game!
12-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Ok so, much in the way it starts to rain when you have your car washed during a drought, I picked this up since it was likened to Plants n Zombies (if you don't get that analogy it means PnZ will be out imminently). At any rate I am glad that I did. I just finished the first campaign and its quite fun. You can deploy units to protect a path and once per round you can call upon your commander - John Hero - to help you out. You can either build banks to build your reserve or in some rounds you must catch the falling money banks. I am having a lot of fun with it - crisp controls, sharp graphics (love the burning skeletons!) and funny dialogue thrown in. Despite no lite (that bugs me only cuz they say there is) I went for it with no regrets - especially after playing! Definitely will tide me over til PnZ. Funny I went for the 2.99 DC game and still reluctant to try the 99 cent one - that's just me for ya.
12-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
The gameplay reminds Plants vs. Zombies including the way you earn credits to purchase weapons.
I saw this and was going to buy it.

Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
It cant resume.
And then I saw this and decided not to.

Thanks for the info.

Regards, Michael
12-01-2009, 11:17 AM
If anyone comes across a gameplay video for this, please post.
12-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Are there highscores or is it a matter of just progressing through the levels (re-playing a level until you can unlock the next)?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Are there highscores or is it a matter of just progressing through the levels (re-playing a level until you can unlock the next)?
No highscore as far as I can see.

What keeps you playing is the weapons upgrade. I’m playing “Normal” and so far it is easy.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8