★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Has anyone tried Shaky Summit?

09-25-2008, 06:24 PM
Has anyone tried Shaky Summit?

any reviews?
09-25-2008, 06:29 PM
I haven't tried it, but it seems like the game wouldn't hold my attention for long.

09-25-2008, 06:32 PM
from what it looks like, your character moves by itself, and you hit the screen to make your oponent stumble and fall, so its about strategy and timing....

i dont think it would hold my attention for long either...
09-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Yeah I pretty much agree with mek and siri, although I'm waiting for a definite take on the game LOL.
09-25-2008, 07:00 PM
is it only two-player or is there a single player mode?
09-25-2008, 07:37 PM
So here is what it is...

You and your opponent are racing side by side.
you have a button on your side (the left) that is your stamina which is used for faster climbing and running.

The gimmick is that you tap and hold your opponents side of the screen then swipe your finger back and forth to cause an earthquake.

Causing an earthquake can hinder you, your opponent, or both. You can move rocks, cause rope ladders to unravel and help you climb, make boulders drop, etc.

2-player works the same way but with player 1 controlling the left and player 2 controlling the right.

I personally wasn't a fan, and not just cause my girlfriend throws a lot of elbows...

Unless you actually play the game first I wouldn't recommend it.
09-25-2008, 08:05 PM
I like the game

It's not a bad game. I realize, by the description on Touch Arcade, that it doesn't really offer much of an explanation on how the game is played, but there really is some depth to it. When I first started playing it, I was frustrated and not sure how to play. You don't necessarily control the vertical movement of the characters. It's more about momentum and timing. After the first hour, I began to realize the techniques (short tremors vs. long ones, and when and where to use each of them). It's quite fun. I've been able to get gold medals on the first five summits after playing each of them a few times. It does take a little practice, and you may find yourself restarting a few of the races. Nevertheless, I am really enjoying it. I understand that it's not a game for everyone, but it's right up my alley in terms of graphics, music, and of course game play. If you're sitting on the fence, give it a try.
09-25-2008, 11:06 PM
I mentioned in the article comments that I think it's a good game. I think it's going to be a hard sell since it doesn't fit into a known category.

09-26-2008, 12:43 AM
I bought it yesterday and got to agree with davidovich that it takes some time to get used to the controls. THe first tutorial windows are in the way of the action so it was hard to even complete the first climb but after a couple of tries it works quite well. The fact that the routes change every time is really refreshing because it doesn´t become a game of route memorization. Anyway at this early stage I can recommend it but I don´t know how long it will hold my attention.
09-26-2008, 06:38 AM
hoe long is the game and can u move ur charcter with the accelorometer