★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Turnbased singleplayer RPG?

12-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Turnbased singleplayer RPG?

Which turnbased singleplayer RPGs is out for iPod Touch?

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!
12-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Send a message via AIM to RankoSao
Vay, Elven Chronicles, and RPG Quest Minmae come to mind...

12-01-2009, 01:06 PM
There aren't any good ones out right now unfortunately. It's an area that hasn't been exploited by developers yet, for some reason. It makes more sense to develop turn-based RPGs than FPS for a handheld device in my opinion.
12-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
There aren't any good ones out right now unfortunately. It's an area that hasn't been exploited by developers yet, for some reason. It makes more sense to develop turn-based RPGs than FPS for a handheld device in my opinion.
I point you to the ones i mentioned earlier
12-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Oh I guess Vay is ok. I haven't played too much into it.
Elven Chronicles is not a good turn-based RPG -.-'; It offers no challenge or strategic planning that any turn-based anything should offer. And it's so linear too. It reminds me of a RPG version of Rogue Planet.
I haven't heard of the Minmae one, so I didn't take that into consideration.
12-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Oh I guess Vay is ok. I haven't played too much into it.
Elven Chronicles is not a good turn-based RPG -.-'; It offers no challenge or strategic planning that any turn-based anything should offer. And it's so linear too. It reminds me of a RPG version of Rogue Planet.
I haven't heard of the Minmae one, so I didn't take that into consideration.
Well, most RPGs are something you play more for the story. I have rouge planet, but i haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, so i still have that it look forward to
12-01-2009, 03:14 PM
my favorite one is definetly wolfenstine rpg

My favorite game is doodle army, so check out the awesome game's twitter
12-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8erdude50 View Post
my favorite one is definetly wolfenstine rpg
That was a great game, although I would only say it contains light RPG elements. As everyone said before, I don't think there's any good turn-based RPG around yet. Hopefully that'll change.

Beta Testing/ed: Undercroft, Baseball Superstars 2010, Battle for Wesnoth, Fuzion, Twilight Golf, Indestructible Tank, Nanomechs Online Multi, Plushed, Ground Effect, Castlecraft, Inotia 2, Boom it Up, Guerrilla Bob, Caligo Chaser, Vanquish, IMO, Crunchy Orbs, Zenonia 2, Luna Story, Aralon, Shadow Era, Hybrid 2
12-01-2009, 04:32 PM
there is the arvale rpgs they are turn based i only played the lite versions though so idk if its any good
12-01-2009, 06:14 PM
I just downloaded Sword of Fargoal.

It's not turnbased.
But it seems so interesting and has randomly generated levels, so I could not resist the huge magnetic buy-button in iTunes Store.

I will look at the games you have listed.
But I hope there will be more turnbases RPG's in the future for iPod Touch/iPhone.

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!

Last edited by jyhjyh; 12-01-2009 at 06:23 PM.