★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Take on the challenge of the Police Range! Put your skill and accuracy to the test as you train on the shooting range to become a crack police marksman. Compete against your friends or others worldwide to post the best scores on the online high score table and show off your shooting skills to earn up to 500 OpenFeint achievement points!

Choose from 2 ranges to train on:

Target Practice: test your accuracy as targets appear at variable distances, and aim for the highest scores. Increase your reaction speeds as targets pop-up faster in later levels to increase the challenge.

Crime Alley: test your eye and nerve in the street range as perps and civilians appear in windows and doorways. Take down the criminals but avoid shooting the civilians if you want to pass the training!

Features:
2 exciting play modes
Fast-paced adrenaline-pumping shooting range action
Create your own music soundtrack within the game using the My iPod Music feature
Online high scores and achievements using the OpenFeint system
Automatically saves your progress when you receive a call or alert or exit the game.

Handmark Games's comments:
Our newest game release - just out on the App Store today is Police Range.

This fun firing range arcade game is just 99c and includes OpenFeint online high scores and achievements.

App Store Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/police-range/id341342562?mt=8

YouTube demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wbt5jepILA
12-01-2009, 11:15 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

12-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Is it touch or tilt control ?
12-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Is it touch or tilt control ?

Somehow, I had a feeling you would be interested in this one. And you stole my question.
12-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprloe View Post
Somehow, I had a feeling you would be interested in this one. And you stole my question.
lol

I can't even see the video because my internet is slow. I am hoping for touch control and I will pick it up right away

Although I find crazy turkey blast quite fun but they need good leaderboards !

I don't want to go too crazy on the tilt control......might get a headache
12-01-2009, 11:36 AM
It's all touch control.
12-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handmark Games View Post
It's all touch control.

Nice I will pick it up !
12-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handmark Games View Post
It's all touch control.
As will I after work today. Looks promising.
12-01-2009, 12:11 PM
I just played a game on target practice mode and I like it

The only thing is that I got to level 25 on my first game so it would be great if there could be a hard mode that starts maybe on level 20 or 25 with it's own leaderboard because As fun as it is (at least on target practice mode) , I will only want to play it a few times if I have to start from the beginning each time as the first 20 levels at least are very easy and great for starting out. My first games lasted just over 11 minutes. if there is a hard and maybe expert mode, it would be great for 1-2-3 minutes intense games

Also, it started to get challenging after level 25 so i don't want to have to go through 10 minutes of easy levels go get there, die and have to do another 10 minutes to try again. On a hard mode, you could try again and again without going through 20 levels to get there.

Nice game

Anyone else try it with any comments ?

Last edited by cranker; 12-01-2009 at 12:17 PM.
12-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Hey Cranker - when you start a brand new game, you'll get the option to start as Sargeant or Captain - this will give you a harder game e.g. starting with Captain requires you to hit 30 targets in Target Practice.