★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Kieffer Bros.
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 1.8 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Say hello to Orbaa color-matching, screen-clearing strategy game. Tap chains of three or more same-colored orbs to clear as much of the board as possible. The longer the chain the higher the points. When you're out of moves, more orbs drop in. And when your board is completely filled and has no moves left, it's game over.

Orba Lite lets you play through 12 vibrant rounds. Get the full version of Orba for unlimited play, personal high score board, and the ability to undo your last move.

Addiction incarnate, Orba will have you playing while you eat, "work," and sleep. Orba is a beautiful way to stretch your mind or waste your time.

Kieffer Bros.'s comments:
Hola Everyone,

We got a bunch of promo codes to give away for our latest color-matching, screen clearing strategy game, Orba.

Tap chains of three or more same-colored orbs to clear as much of the board as possible. The longer the chain the higher the points. When you clear the board, more orbs fall from above. Progress through as many rounds and colors as you can.

I've got 40 codes promo codes to give away, so private message us for a copy! (10 promo codes left!)

Gameplay Video

Youtube link | Pop Up

App Store Link:http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/orba/id339434383?mt=8

Want to try before you buy? Try Orba for free with Orba Lite.

Orba Lite:http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/orba-lite/id341505733?mt=8

Have any questions or suggestions? We'd love to hear from you! Grazie!
12-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Pm sent. My wife loves these kinds of games. Its getting harder and harder to get my ipod away from her.

My reviewer name is "Wawd Buhton".

12-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Looks like a polished game. PM sent!

flickr: rustyjaw site: rustyjaw.com
12-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks everyone for the messages! We still got 30 codes left, so keep the requests coming!
12-01-2009, 02:16 PM
PM sent!

Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post

Worst idea ever!
12-01-2009, 02:20 PM

May I please have a promo code?

12-01-2009, 02:20 PM
PM sent.
12-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Picked this up the other day when it was free. The gameplay is a little too monotonous for me, but it's a well-polished game, my mum would enjoy it.

゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
12-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Probably my favorite game on the iPhone (it has the coveted top spot on my games page), so be sure to snag a promo code!
12-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Here are some early impressions of Orba.

First, I must disclose that I have had a long-time addiction to very simple color-matching games ever since bubblet on my Palm...although in those days there were no color screens on PDAs!

Today, when I need a fix for that kind of game I fire up ReMovem on my iPhone, which plays almost exactly like Bubblet. The appeal of this game and ones like it is the utter simplicity. When my brain has had enough of navigating racetracks, solving multi-step puzzles, or destroying meteors and attacking ships, I tend to crave a more relaxed kind of game. The only problem with ReMovem is that it's such a good clone of Bubblet, there's nothing new to the gameplay.

Based on a few rounds of Orba, I think this may be my new go-to casual game. First of all, it has a nice presentation—a minimalist, responsive UI. The animations are fluid and pleasing.

The gameplay is familiar and instantly playable, but it has a few new twists. First, the orbs are always aligned diagonally, not in a strict grid, which changes the dynamic. Second, unlike Bubblet, Orba is played in 'rounds' a round ends when there are no more matches to be made. When this happens, the board automatically refills the empty areas with new orbs, starting a new round. The game ends when no more matches are possible on a full board.

Every 5 rounds (I believe) a new orb color is introduced, to make the matching more difficult. The game quickly becomes a battle against entropy. The sides and bottom of the board will start to fill up with individual orbs or sets of 2 (you need a minimum of 3 to clear them). Finding way to collapse rows in order to align like-colors is where the puzzle element lies.

You get major bonuses for clearing all orbs of a color, and I believe the bonus increases according to the level. I can see this being a major way to achieve high scores.

The only thing 'missing' at this point is a global scoreboard system. I hope the developers will consider adding this as it help relpay value immensely.

As it is, though, I will be playing this quite a bit. It's a solid game, well executed.

flickr: rustyjaw site: rustyjaw.com

Last edited by rustyjaw; 12-01-2009 at 03:18 PM.